Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hot Key possible for Mail Monitor icon?
08-17-2018, 03:48 AM
Hot Key possible for Mail Monitor icon?
My Mail Monitor is currently set up this way: When the monitor checks the mail and finds new messages, my plain mail monitor icon (no mail) changes to another icon (mail!) and shows the number of messages. When I click the "mail" icon, my mail reader opens and loads my new messages, and the "mail" icon reverts to the "no mail" form (with no number-of-messages indicator).

I would like to set a hot key to trigger the "mail" icon to do its assigned job: open the mail reader and revert to the "no mail" form without any number-of-messages indicator. I just haven't been able to figure out how to set up the shortcut so that I can set a hot key for it.

Anybody (Yuri especially!) have any ideas?

Wisewiz
To those who do not have it, even a little knowledge of computing seems as wizardry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2018, 09:29 AM
RE: Hot Key possible for Mail Monitor icon?
You can set hotkey in the Mail Monitor properties. See the attached screenshort, I've marked the hotkey field.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-17-2018, 09:41 AM
RE: Hot Key possible for Mail Monitor icon?
Thanks, Yuri. I knew that was there, and I had it set with a hotkey, but I thought it only opened the mail reader, and didn't change the icon back to "no mail." I guess I hadn't really tried it. It works exactly the way I want it to work.

I sincerely apologize for wasting your time. Thanks again.

Wisewiz
To those who do not have it, even a little knowledge of computing seems as wizardry.
Find all posts by this user