Restore Charecteristics
Started by CWBillow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
06-28-2006, 06:34 PM -
If I have backed up my TLB, I'm assuming that icons and customizations will all go with the backup, so...

When I restore from a backup, will it replace all current settings, or just "add to" the settings already present?

And will a customization overwrite any already present customization of the same item(s) or will th most current settings be kept?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
ozxar

241 posts 57 threads Joined: Jan 2004
06-29-2006, 12:26 AM -
Quote:If I have backed up my TLB, I'm assuming that icons and customizations will all go with the backup

If you have saved the icons with the toolbar they will be included into the backup file.
The backup will also save where the icons are, so if your Icons are located in the same place when you Restore, they will show as they were when you backed it up.

Quote:When I restore from a backup, will it replace all current settings, or just "add to" the settings already present?

And will a customization overwrite any already present customization of the same item(s) or will th most current settings be kept?

When you restore it will delete all settings and files from the previous Toolbar.
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
06-29-2006, 03:08 PM -
ozxar Wrote:If you have saved the icons with the toolbar they will be included into the backup file.
When you restore it will delete all settings and files from the previous Toolbar.

Fabulous.

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Billow