Any news on TLB compatibility with Win-11?
Started by jlucco

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
jlucco

71 posts 31 threads Joined: Oct 2010
06-26-2021, 03:27 AM -
Hello Yuri,
Do you have any news on TLB being already compatible with the upcoming Windows 11?
There seems no dramatical technical changes besides graphical interface in the new version.
But, the new start button on the middle of the taskbar could interfere with the old quick-launch-bar.
This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 03:28 AM by jlucco.
cyrio

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2021
07-04-2021, 05:15 AM -
I just installed the trial version on Windows 11. The standalone toolbar seems to work fine (I haven't tested it thoroughly yet though). But unfortunately it seems that so far MS has disabled customization of the main taskbar, and disabled the ability to add other toolbars to the main taskbar. When you right-click on the taskbar, it only shows 1 option, saying "Taskbar Settings".

Also, on this page you can see that they specify: "Apps also can’t customize areas of the taskbar." https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22548950/microsoft-windows-11-skype-onenote-live-tiles-cortana
cyrio

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2021
07-04-2021, 06:47 AM -
I just found that you can successfully dock the Standalone True Launch Bar to the bottom of the screen, and it sits fine above the standard taskbar. So basically (so far) I'm finding that TLB works fine on Windows 11. I have a Standalone bar docked to the left and another docked to the bottom. The only difference is that in Windows 10 I was able to put the TLB underneath the standard Windows taskbar, but it's not a big deal to have it above instead.
fletch

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2021
07-05-2021, 02:48 PM -
Looks like only the standalone component will work at the moment.  I'd never used that before and honestly didn't know about it.  So, no integration with the current task bar, even if I switch the start menu mode back to Win10.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
07-20-2021, 09:50 AM -
(06-26-2021, 03:27 AM)jlucco Wrote: ... the new start button on the middle of the taskbar could interfere with the old quick-launch-bar.

And there's the additional complication of the absence of any toolbar options in the right-click context menu for the taskbar. 

I'm hoping this will get ironed out before the official public release.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Compexpert

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2021
09-02-2021, 09:12 AM -
(06-26-2021, 03:27 AM)jlucco Wrote: Hello Yuri,
Do you have any news on TLB being already compatible with the upcoming Windows 11?
There seems no dramatical technical changes besides graphical interface in the new version.
But, the new start button on the middle of the taskbar could interfere with the old quick-launch-bar.

Hi Yuri Kobets

With respect , after all these years , the real question is are you going to be honest and advise if you are going to  continue with PROGRAM UPDATES.

I have used your very good product since 2008, but you must keep up to date or close it down , as other reputable software coders have done with their products  in the past.

Anything else is unfair to paid reg users of your product .

PLEASE KINDLY NOW REPLY
spalek93
spalek83

26 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2010
09-08-2021, 12:28 PM -
(09-02-2021, 09:12 AM)Compexpert Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 03:27 AM)jlucco Wrote: Hello Yuri,

Hi Yuri Kobets

With respect , after all these years , the real question is are you going to be honest and advise if you are going to  continue with PROGRAM UPDATES.

I have used your very good product since 2008, but you must keep up to date or close it down , as other reputable software coders have done with their products  in the past.

Anything else is unfair to paid reg users of your product .

PLEASE KINDLY NOW REPLY

I'm just happy he keeps paying for the website, though I have backed up all the installers I use elsewhere. The fact that he does, assuming he didn't just pay for 10 years of hosting at once leads me to think he still cares about his work.

I would hope he puts it on GitHub with the source if he stopped working on it.
Columbus
maglewVE

4 posts 3 threads Joined: Apr 2021
03-14-2024, 04:18 PM -
Night meetings without obligations
Real-life Girls