Started by Roma

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Roma

27 posts 7 threads Joined: May 2002
05-05-2002, 02:00 PM -
Hi,

I discovered that MailMonitor crashes Explorer when used in combination with Norton Antivirus and if there's a message with a virus on the mailserver. NAV monitors the connection every time a mailprogram or notification program checkes mail. When MM checkes for new mail, Explorer makes an outgoing connection to the POP server. If there's a mail with a virus on the server, Explorer crashes, comes back up again and crashes again. This keeps on going untill the mail is taken of the server by Outlook Express (in my case). NAV cleanes or deletes it then.

Hope this is enough info, otherwise let me know.

Roma
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-05-2002, 03:13 PM -
OK I'll try to reproduce this bug.
BTW Can you send me email with virus. Don't worry, I do not use Outlook Wink So I am not afraid that viruses Big Grin
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Roma

27 posts 7 threads Joined: May 2002
05-05-2002, 10:33 PM -
Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry, all out of virusses right now Big Grin But the Eicar test 'virus' can be found right here:
http://www.mcafeeasap.com/downloads/Eicar.com

Btw: If I do want to send you one, can I send it to the MSN address? Through this board I can't attach a file.
brAinLo0p

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2002
05-21-2002, 11:46 AM -
I also had this problem, and it took me a while to pin point it to True Launch Bar. Removing the message from the mail server also cured the problem for me, except that there was no virus in my email. Most annoying bug i've had to deal with in a long time. (I still love TLB though ;¬)
DFM

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2002
07-03-2002, 05:12 PM -
I'm having this same problem, I do use NAV, as far as I knw there is no virus on my mail server.
biatche

7 posts 5 threads Joined: Jul 2002
07-08-2002, 09:49 AM -
I use MailMonitor and 1.1.0.7 and NAV. I don't know anything about NAV but I do know that occasionally (I think when there are errors) mailmonitor will cause explorer.exe to crash.
My current resolution is to quickly pause the mail check. Run Eudora and then unpause it.
This works although it kinda sucks Smile
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
07-09-2002, 02:13 PM -
Same here.

Current issue of Mail Monitor will sometimes crash explorer.exe. I can't track down the exact pattern but it happens when I open Mail monitor. I then have to log on again to get my system tray icons back.

Any idea when a upgrade version will be out?