Windows List defaults
Started by kengrace

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
kengrace

13 posts 4 threads Joined: Oct 2006
08-18-2007, 01:03 AM -
I have Windows List set as multi-column, tear off, across the top of the screen occupying the dead space in the window frame title.

For a reason I have forgotten I deleted then re-installed the plug-in. Now I cannot get the multi-column setting to stick. It maintains the other defaults - opening in the top left corner, but with a single column listing.

Every session I have to customise the menu to get my multi-column setting back.

Any ideas how to make these settings stick as defaults?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-19-2007, 10:24 AM -
Do you have the problems with other menus? Are the settings changed in others menus saved after restart?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
kengrace

08-19-2007, 10:51 AM -
No, everything else works perfectly. This set up is on a 1024 × 768 laptop and is more or less the same as on my desktop with three monitors running at 1640 × 1024. It works fine on my desktop machine. The main difference is that on the desktop I have the toolbar vertical.
But as I said, everything worked fine on the laptop too until I reinstalled the plug-in - as far as I recall nothing else was changed at the time.

My settings are:
Multicolumn text menu 8 columns
Max menuu width 125 Max menu height 8

I normally set icons to custom, 8 pixels, but it works Ok leaving default. The menu name is a single space character so as not to force increased depth.

Docking point and menu align are set to default.

If I turn off TLB and restart, the View mode and icons size revert to 'default', columns 0, and max menu width and height to -1.
kengrace

08-26-2007, 04:09 AM -
I've found a fix.

Because I want a very shallow menu (8 pixels) I can't have a menu title. I had set the title to nothing, and also to the space character, which I know has worked in the past. But either of those now prevent the plug-in from storing all the customisations.

However, if I title the menu with a single character - I'm using '.' the customisations stick.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-27-2007, 10:15 AM -
Very interesting problem. Thank you.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
kengrace

08-27-2007, 10:48 AM -
It would be aesthetically pleasing to get rid of the dot, but I could think of a lot more urgent things to do, like polish the grass.

I've bought a number of Windows enhancement utilities over the years, and most of them have lasted their novelty period and little more. But I must say that TLB is the only one that has really become part of my operating system.

Now, if only I could make toolbars and menus stretch across multiple monitors...