Media Control v4.9 beta
Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

30 posts in this topic
Rhywun1

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2007
04-11-2008, 09:39 AM -
Uh oh - I can't enter my favorite hotkeys! I want to use Ctrl-Alt-Left and Ctrl-Alt-Right but I can't. (Ctrl-Alt-Up and Ctrl-Alt-Down are allowed!?)

PS. Is it possible to add rating functions?
Vista x64 SP1 - TLB v4.2 x64
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-11-2008, 01:16 PM -
Quote:Uh oh - I can't enter my favorite hotkeys! I want to use Ctrl-Alt-Left and Ctrl-Alt-Right but I can't. (Ctrl-Alt-Up and Ctrl-Alt-Down are allowed!?)
I guess Ctrl-Alt-Left and Ctrl-Alt-Right are used by other application. There are no limitations on these keys.

Quote:PS. Is it possible to add rating functions?
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: raiting is supported on WMP. You can control rating via context menu or by using the skin with rating.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
sphrog

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2007
04-30-2008, 07:05 PM -
Glad you're still updating this! Just one minor bug/issue I noticed in the beta: Whenever Winamp is started, the volume slider on the media controller reverts to the middle, even if it was set to full volume on Winamp. That might be intentional, but I'd prefer the volume to start off on max by default and then lower it if necessary (like it used to work)

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
sumanb

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2008
06-06-2008, 10:38 AM -
Hi, I've been trying out TrueLaunchBar for a little while and decided to buy it. I've upgraded to 4.2.5RC1 and Media Control 4.9. I've also set up hotkeys for the first time. I like the way the hotkeys work for the most part. My only issue is the granularity of the volume control. Using my hotkeys for volume up or down, I've noticed that the volume changes by about 10%. Since J River controls the master volume, not a separate app volume, this can be quite loud, especially since I use this at work. Is there a way to increase the granularity of the volume control? If not can that be included in a future release?
Belarathon

43 posts 6 threads Joined: Feb 2008
12-15-2008, 05:17 PM -
Hello Yuri:

Is there a way I can get the TLB media plugin to register the WMP x86 media player instead of the WMP x64 player (Vista has both). The reason I want to use the 32 bit version of WMP is that all of my crucial plugins only work with the x86 version...including an ASIO output for perfect bit playback.

Any help appreciated!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

12-16-2008, 10:05 AM -
Unzip attached file into any folder (maybe the best path is c:\program files\truelaunchbar\plugins\mediactrl\addins), then run the command prompt as administrator and type there:
Code:
regsvr32 <path_to_dll>\wmptlbRemote32.dll

Restart the Media Player.

Attached Files
.zip   wmptlbRemote32.zip (Size: 45.48 KB / Downloads: 551)
The TORDEX Team
Belarathon

43 posts 6 threads Joined: Feb 2008
12-17-2008, 12:33 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Unzip attached file into any folder (maybe the best path is c:\program files\truelaunchbar\plugins\mediactrl\addins), then run the command prompt as administrator and type there:
Code:
regsvr32 <path_to_dll>\wmptlbRemote32.dll

Restart the Media Player.

Thanks! That did the trick. Big Grin
Now I'm quite happy. :lol:
kethdredd

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2008
12-21-2008, 01:56 PM -
I've tried the universal player, but it doesn't seem to support songbird. Do I have to fill in the title format?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

12-27-2008, 08:06 AM -
kethdredd Wrote:I've tried the universal player, but it doesn't seem to support songbird. Do I have to fill in the title format?

Universal player is not very universal. Actually it need the special plugin for songbird that allow to fetch the inforation from the songbird and control it.
The TORDEX Team
kethdredd

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2008
01-05-2009, 04:02 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
kethdredd Wrote:I've tried the universal player, but it doesn't seem to support songbird. Do I have to fill in the title format?

Universal player is not very universal. Actually it need the special plugin for songbird that allow to fetch the inforation from the songbird and control it.

Does a Songbird plugin exist? Its the only thing keeping me from using songbird on a regular basis.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-11-2009, 05:19 AM -
Quote:Does a Songbird plugin exist?
Sorry no Sad I've looked on the Songbird extension API. It uses the JavaScript. I need to improve my skills in JavaScript to write the extension for the Songbird.
The TORDEX Team
Aleksanderis

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2009
02-03-2009, 11:33 PM -
Can you explain me please some things?Wink
I downloaded Media Control SDK and I want to compile winamp.dll extension for True Launch Bar 64bit version. If I compile this dll in usual way and put that dll in MC plugin folder - I can not see this plugin in dropdown, configuring media player to control. There are only iTunes and UniversalPlayer plugins for choose.

Here comes the question: how does or by what parameters MediaControl filter dlls what to show and what do not show in 64bit version? I would like to try compiling winamp.dll for 64bit TrueLaunchBar. I also tried to compile iTunes.dll and replace currently available 64bit dll, but it doesn't want to appear either.

And yes - I had tried Universal Player, but it doesn't work perfectly with my player (AIMP), and I want to customize plugin for my needs a bit.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-04-2009, 03:46 AM -
There are some changes in the last beta version. I've attached the complete sources for SDK, universal player and all players support.

In the ZIP file:
Default Player - universal player sources
MCSDK - Media Control SDK (header file)
Players - plugins for players

Some words about the players support. Usually to support some player MC require two parts. The first part is the dll for MC like the uniplayer.dll (must be placed in the players2 folder). The second part - plugin (add-in) the player (Winamp). The installation of the player plugin depends of the player.

For some player (like iTunes) the second part can be omitted.

So what is the Universal player in MC? It is just an unified way to control other player via the player plugin (the second part). The controlling messages for universal player can be found in the mcsdk.

PS. you can contact me by MSN, ICQ if you have questions. I'll try to help.

Attached Files
.zip   Media Control.zip (Size: 365.38 KB / Downloads: 513)
The TORDEX Team
Aleksanderis

02-05-2009, 01:18 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:There are some changes in the last beta version. I've attached the complete sources for SDK, universal player and all players support.
<...>
Thanks a lot! I will look at these new sources.Wink

There is no 64bit version of usual winamp plugin, is it? Is it hard to compile this plugin for 64bit so that it would be visible in MediaControl configuration window? I believe there shouldn't be much difference between 32bit and 64bit. What is the main difference by the way?

I compiled Default Player (Universal Player) project and it works fine on 64bit, but I don't like very much an idea with two-side plugin (as Universal Player).

(I hadn't much practice working with 64bit platformWink.)
Aleksanderis

02-05-2009, 01:37 AM -
By the way, if you curious about what I'm doing and what problem I have - I have a problem with AIMP player. I do not want to advertise it here, but it's somewhat a lightweight version of Winamp. I believe you had heard about it, it's also developed by a russian developer.Wink AIMP's API is very similiar to Winamp's, it also supports winamp's plugins, but there is also some difference.

And the problem is with songs with Cyrillic text in the title. Such titles don't display in Media Control correctly. I had analogical problem on a 32bit platform, but after AIMP update it was fixed. But now I have a problem with 64bit.
If I use {?tracknum}{tracknum}. {?}{trackname}{?album} - {album}{?}{?year} [{year}]{?}{?artist} - {artist}{?} for title format as it's provided in this forum, unicode characters don't display correctly.
If I user simple {artist} - {trackname} and track's filename is in this format - Media Control shows only "-". But if filename is in different format - Media Control, as I understood, takes ID3tag information and display the title correctly - with all unicode characters and so on.

There is no such problems with Winamp, but anyway there is something bad with title formats - why Media Control displays title correctly in some cases? :roll: