Weather Monitor 1.0 beta - has been released
Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

31 posts in this topic
Jayzun

49 posts 10 threads Joined: Dec 2001
06-23-2002, 02:31 PM -
Still doesn't work for me behind proxy server at work. I haven't had a chance to try it at home without proxy server.

06-23-2002, 02:41 PM -
Yuri - great job on the WM add-on. Great little tool. My only request: I run my resoution at 1600x1200 on a 21-inch monitor. In any skin choice, I have a hard time reading the numbers. I would find it helpful to add an option for the plugin to run in the same "double-wide" style as the "Full" skin, but with only the temp in a large font next to sun symbol. (Among other possible configurations.)

Thanks again for a great tool!

Preston
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-23-2002, 03:28 PM -
Jayzun Wrote:Still doesn't work for me behind proxy server at work. I haven't had a chance to try it at home without proxy server.
Sorry. With proxy (especially if proxy need authentication) there some problems Sad You need to wait the next version of plugin ???
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-23-2002, 03:31 PM -
Guest Wrote:My only request: I run my resoution at 1600x1200 on a 21-inch monitor. In any skin choice, I have a hard time reading the numbers. I would find it helpful to add an option for the plugin to run in the same "double-wide" style as the "Full" skin, but with only the temp in a large font next to sun symbol. (Among other possible configurations.)
OK, I'll make LARGE skin. What config do you use, Icon size, Show Text...?
The TORDEX Team
mazy

21 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2002
06-24-2002, 06:35 AM -
i have similar setup, resolution 16x12, my primary icons are 48x48, because that was winxp's max, but because of true launch bar, i could rise that Wink

06-24-2002, 02:18 PM -
Guest Wrote:The weather plug-in does, and doesn't work for me. Here's the situation:

I've got a cable connection to the net. I am running ZoneAlarm Pro. While ZA is running, the weather plug-in does NOT work - ZA is blocking some port (??) or program that the plug-in is trying to use to get its information. If I shut ZA down, the plug-in works great.

Does anyone know how I need to configure ZA to allow the plug-in to access the net?
-- UPDATE --

I've traced the ZoneAlarm problem down to two things: if either "Ad Blocking" or "Cookie Control" are enabled, the plug-in doesn't work. It doesn't matter which one of the two are enabled, but if either are even set to the lowest setting, the plug-in doesn't work.

But if both Ad Blocking and Cookie Control are disabled, the plug-in works great.

Any ideas??

06-24-2002, 08:11 PM -
Yuri asked: "OK, I'll make LARGE skin. What config do you use, Icon size, Show Text...?"

I use small icons (16x16) - though the size that WeatherMon is running at now (48x22) is fine. I do not use "Show Text".

Thanks!

Preston

06-24-2002, 11:41 PM -
Guest Wrote:
Guest Wrote:The weather plug-in does, and doesn't work for me. Here's the situation:

I've got a cable connection to the net. I am running ZoneAlarm Pro. While ZA is running, the weather plug-in does NOT work - ZA is blocking some port (??) or program that the plug-in is trying to use to get its information. If I shut ZA down, the plug-in works great.

Does anyone know how I need to configure ZA to allow the plug-in to access the net?
-- UPDATE --

I've traced the ZoneAlarm problem down to two things: if either "Ad Blocking" or "Cookie Control" are enabled, the plug-in doesn't work. It doesn't matter which one of the two are enabled, but if either are even set to the lowest setting, the plug-in doesn't work.

But if both Ad Blocking and Cookie Control are disabled, the plug-in works great.

Any ideas??
Mine are off, still dont work Sad

06-24-2002, 11:43 PM -
but it works when im using a dialup accout.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-25-2002, 01:29 AM -
Please try with version 1.1
The TORDEX Team

06-25-2002, 04:49 AM -
Guest Wrote:

-- UPDATE --

Any ideas??
-- 2nd UPDATE --

Version 1.1 works GREAT Yuri! I've set the connection to "Direct to net" and turned on both Ad Blocking and Cookie Control in ZA. Good job!!

Thanks!
touki

23 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2003
12-23-2002, 09:49 AM -
Hey i am just writing this because recently for some reason my forecasting weather monitor just stopped working for some reason, my current conditions [weather underground] works great but just revently my forecast [weather underground tomorrow] monitor has stopped and simply has the circle wiht across through it. no settings or hardware has changed it just stopped, i have ano firewall and it is set dirext to net anyway, ny station is http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94767.html
and i dunno if you have a solution that would be great Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

12-23-2002, 02:49 PM -
Weather Undeground has changed design a small Sad
Here is new proveders files. Copy them into proveders folder inside installation.
The TORDEX Team
touki

23 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2003
12-24-2002, 06:44 AM -
thanks for that so much, that was very quick reply.

merry christmas
katoaristera

73 posts 19 threads Joined: Nov 2002
12-29-2002, 02:18 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Weather Undeground has changed design a small Sad
Here is new proveders files. Copy them into proveders folder inside installation.
I donloaded new proveders files and worked again for some days, but now "weather underground tomorrow" dosen't work again Sad

Maybe another update is needed?
Thanks