Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

31 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-21-2002, 03:20 PM -
Weather Monitor plugin v1.0 beta has been released.

[Image: sh4.gif]

Weather Monitor plugin show current weather on your taskbar. This plugin shows the weather conditions as icons and temperature. In addition you can select skin to see Pressure and Humidity.

More information
Download
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com

06-21-2002, 04:32 PM -
Hmm i don't seem to be having much luck with getting it working

using TLB v 1.1.0.17 and trying to get the url

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03534.html

to display. It doesn't want to to anything at all. Doesn't show a picture or any of the stats.

Any suggestions?

All the other plugins work great good job Smile
Jayzun

49 posts 10 threads Joined: Dec 2001
06-21-2002, 04:58 PM -
Does this plugin work behind proxy/firewall? Does it use IE's settings for authentication?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-21-2002, 05:07 PM -
Jayzun Wrote:Does this plugin work behind proxy/firewall? Does it use IE's settings for authentication?
Yes it must take all settings from IE. Do you have the problems with that?
The TORDEX Team
Jayzun

06-21-2002, 05:45 PM -
No...I haven't tried it yet....I'm on a computer right now without TLB. Sad I was just curious. Thanks for the reply.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-21-2002, 06:05 PM -
Guest Wrote:Hmm i don't seem to be having much luck with getting it working

using TLB v 1.1.0.17 and trying to get the url

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03534.html

to display. It doesn't want to to anything at all. Doesn't show a picture or any of the stats.
Do you use proxy or firewall?
The TORDEX Team
Jayzun

06-21-2002, 11:11 PM -
Tried it here at work - not working from behind proxy. My proxy requires authentication if that helps. I have 2 proxy servers that I can use...in different domains..and I can't get the weather through either one of them.
mazy

21 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2002
06-22-2002, 01:32 AM -
it isn't working for me either Sad

- don't know why, i'm on winxp, using proxy for default internet connection, but it shows ok in ie ...
- going to test it with proxy disabled ...
- maybe it could be time out or something
- it would be nice to have some kind of debug info ... like txt output with info about requested html file, result of that request etc ...
- and one more thing ... is it able to parse that wunderground page with non english language selected? because i've set it to show czech language ... but i tried url started with english.wunderground ... and it's still not working Sad

UPDATE

- so i tested it with proxy in internet connection disabled ... it worked then, but as i have set wunderground to show stats in centigrades, the plugin show centigrade stats as fahrenheit and vice versa. it seems that wunderground store that info in cookie or something, and your plugin gets info in metric units but thinks it's in british ones. so i would suggest a bit more powerful parsing - trying to get the actual units from page

- as for proxy, i have no idea why it doesn't work with proxy enabled. i've disabled proxy for *wundeground.com and it works, but of course it would be better to make it work even with proxy

UPDATE 2

- i've made modified wunderground.ini with metric units as default, it's easy to customize that, thank yuri! Wink but it would be still nice if you could add unit autodetection, though it's not that important. now the only problematic thing is the proxy ...

UPDATE 3

- i've been thinking ... it would be nice if you could show name of the weather plugin instance in the tooltip. example ... when inserting weather plugin on toolbar, i would name it 'Brno', which is the city i live in. then i can add another one for city my parents are in and when hovering mouse over them, i would get those names in the tooltip, instead of name of provider - so i would know for which city is this forecast

- add edit box with something like 'variable'. that variable would get expanded in search patterns ('find*=' patterns) so i could make provider ini for providers, which lists more than one city on one page (most of czech providers :-\ ). so in case i would like to get city 'Jihlava' from page with forecasts for highland region, i would type 'Jihlava' in that box ... and part of the ini file would have something like find0 = "%s%"; find1 = "<b>" ... and that %s% would expand into 'Jihlava'. what do you think? it shouldn't be hard to add that

thanx yuri! i hope this helps you a bit
Eric J Johnson

193 posts 25 threads Joined: Jun 2001
06-22-2002, 05:55 PM -
Just wanted to let you know my weather plugin is working great..
Only it has no image for Mist Sad
Eric J. Johnson|Proud American|GetMeHosted.com|OC-192!
GetMeHosted.com Members Get TrueLaunchBar @ OVER 50% Off!
Support the American Red Cross: Click Here to donate

06-22-2002, 07:42 PM -
Weather plug dont work for me.. i get a black kinda circle with a black line across it.

anyone know why?

06-22-2002, 07:51 PM -
Weather monitor working great on home machine, I love it...

06-23-2002, 03:37 AM -
Not working for me
No proxy - Permanent cable connection to internet
I've tried 'playing' with the .ini file - Still no luck

PLEASE HELP !!!!

06-23-2002, 10:03 AM -
The weather plug-in does, and doesn't work for me. Here's the situation:

I've got a cable connection to the net. I am running ZoneAlarm Pro. While ZA is running, the weather plug-in does NOT work - ZA is blocking some port (??) or program that the plug-in is trying to use to get its information. If I shut ZA down, the plug-in works great.

Does anyone know how I need to configure ZA to allow the plug-in to access the net?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-23-2002, 11:29 AM -
If you using ZoneAlarm (or any other firewall) you must allow explorer.exe to connect to HTTP.

Some tips:
If your weather plugin doesn't work try these steps:
1) Open page with weather
2) Set language to english (you can find link to this on top-right corner of page)
3) Set units to "Both"

If again doesn't works, check the URL text box. It must contain the link like this:
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/27962.html

Do not use link after using quick search on wunderground.com
The TORDEX Team
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
06-23-2002, 01:52 PM -
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Shell Version:5.0.3502.4718
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2600.0000

Installed Weather Plug in - Setup with Weather Underground.

No problems. Very smooth.