Color Picker plugin
Started by BuckyKat

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
BuckyKat

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2008
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM -
I've created a virtual folder that contains all my TLB plugins, and adding the Color Picker plugin to the folder causes the folder, TLB, and the Windows TaskBar to freeze. If I wait about a minute or two the freezing goes away, but then I have to open Windows explorer, navigate to the TLB folder and delete the Color Picker plugin.

The attached image shows what the freeze looks like when only the Color Picker plugin is installed in a folder.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-10-2008, 02:56 AM -
Color Picker is not compatible with Windows Vista yet. Sorry.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
sugarprincess

37 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2003
06-08-2009, 05:52 AM -
Can someone please put a note about this on the download page... I am having the same issue and had to come here to figure it out. Sad

On a sidenote, I can't delete the colorpicker folder via Windows Explorer (in Vista) which means I can't stop my TLB from locking up. I am going to try via safe mode next. Any other ideas if that doesn't work, aside from uninstalling and starting over completely?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-08-2009, 06:16 AM -
Quote:Can someone please put a note about this on the download page... I am having the same issue and had to come here to figure it out.
I'll add the note.

Quote:On a sidenote, I can't delete the colorpicker folder via Windows Explorer (in Vista) which means I can't stop my TLB from locking up. I am going to try via safe mode next. Any other ideas if that doesn't work, aside from uninstalling and starting over completely?
Close TLB, open the folder %APPDATA%\microsoft\Internet Explorer\quick Launch and find the file "Color Picker.tlbplugin". Delete this file and color picker will be removed.

If you can't to close TLB because loking, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open the task manager. Kill the process explorer.exe, then File->New Task (Run). Click the "Browse" button. You can use the Open File dialog box as mini explorer and delete the file.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
sugarprincess

37 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2003
06-08-2009, 06:19 AM -
Thanks!
timschat

36 posts 8 threads Joined: Jul 2006
01-13-2010, 07:17 AM -
Would be VERY appreciated. I liked this one a lot on XP and still miss it about every day Sad(

Anything on the horizon ?