[Answered] Some Questions
Started by s.newave

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
s.newave

11 posts 4 threads Joined: Mar 2007
10-14-2009, 03:53 PM -
First, thanks for a great piece of software. Didnt realize how powerful this software is. That being said i have some questions:

1. How do i specify that all shortcuts and files/folders open in total commander which is what i use instead of explorer ?

2.How do i set a toolbar i have created as the default toolbar that is used when TLB is launched?

3. Is it possible to show more information in a folder/file menu like date, size similar to how the process viewer does?

4. Is there a way to modify the information that gets displayed in the tooltips? Also how can change the font size of the tooltips? I have a 30" monitor and its hard to read sometimes.

5. Not sure if this is possible but it would also be nice to show popups on folders when browsing a menu. Similar info to files.

Btw i read in another thread that you are planning to interface the Todo and Calendar plugins with Outlook which sounds very interesting and useful. Right now they arent really that useful because i cant sync them with anything and its a hassle to keep importing. Any eta? :lol:

Also cant wait for the Delicious plugin!

thx
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-14-2009, 04:44 PM -
Quote:1. How do i specify that all shortcuts and files/folders open in total commander which is what i use instead of explorer ?
It is very easy by using standard windows tools:
1) Open the Control Panel->Folder Options
2) Click the "File Types" tab
3) Find and select the file type "File Folder"
4) Press "Advanced" button, then "New"
5) In the Action field write something like "Open In Total", in the second field write:
Code:
C:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD.EXE "%1"
6) Click OK
7) Select the "Open In Total" in the actions list and press "Set Default" button

Now all your folders will be opened in Total Commander, including the folders from TLB.

Quote:2.How do i set a toolbar i have created as the default toolbar that is used when TLB is launched?
How do you launch TLB? If you are using the standalone TLB, then use "Exit" to close toolbar. TLB save information about toolbar on exit.

If you open TLB on the taskbar, then hold down CTRL+SHIFT keys and TLB ask you for toolbar folder.

Quote:3. Is it possible to show more information in a folder/file menu like date, size similar to how the process viewer does?
Currently, no. But I plan to add the detailed view in the future.

Quote:4. Is there a way to modify the information that gets displayed in the tooltips?

Right-click the button/menu item then "Appearance"->"Change Description"

Quote:Also how can change the font size of the tooltips? I have a 30" monitor and its hard to read sometimes.
No :oops: I'll add this feature in the next version. Thank you for pointing this out.

Quote:5. Not sure if this is possible but it would also be nice to show popups on folders when browsing a menu. Similar info to files.
Actually there tooltips on all buttons, but menu opens too quickly to show tips. You can adjust the times and view tips.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
s.newave

10-16-2009, 11:08 AM -
Thx for the quick response.

Regarding #2 this works great although is there a way to set my toolbar as the standard or default toolbar instead of having to select it?

#4 it seems that only regular menus can do this. I was hoping to be able to modify the tooltips for some of the plugins like media controller, system monitor, etc..

#5 i realized that the tip wasnt showing bc i had it set to automatically open submenus. Is there a way to still show the tooltip? Also would be nice if you could change the dirs tooltip to show more detailed info similiar to the drive tip.
s.newave

12-06-2009, 10:48 PM -
Quote:It is very easy by using standard windows tools:
1) Open the Control Panel->Folder Options
2) Click the "File Types" tab
3) Find and select the file type "File Folder"
4) Press "Advanced" button, then "New"
5) In the Action field write something like "Open In Total", in the second field write:
Code:
C:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD.EXE "%1"

6) Click OK
7) Select the "Open In Total" in the actions list and press "Set Default" button

Now all your folders will be opened in Total Commander, including the folders from TLB.

Any idea how to do this in Windows 7? Just switched over recently and having trouble finding a similar setting?

thx
s.newave

12-08-2009, 08:18 AM -
Anyone? Really can't use TLB until I can get this working.

Thx
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

12-08-2009, 09:06 AM -
It is possible to make the same effect by editing the registry. I've attached the screenshots of the registry changes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
s.newave

12-08-2009, 04:02 PM -
Works perfectly, tku!!!
Rod001

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2011
04-09-2011, 01:39 AM -
Hello Yuri:

I have installed True launch bar v5.3 (Personal License) in Windows XP, I follow the procedure to allow open a file/folder with Total Commander (I have version 7.56a), but when I right click a NETWORK DRIVE I don't see the "Open In Total" to open with Total command file manager.
It works with standard folder/files.

Do you have a solution to OPEN NETWORK DRIVES with Total commander?

Thanks
Rod.
Rod001

04-09-2011, 01:50 AM -
Hello Yuri:

How can open Network drives with Total commander?

I follow your procedure but It doesn't work with NETWORK DRIVES,
When I right click on a network drive I can't see the "Open in Total".
I have TLB v5.3 (Personal License) installed in windows XP.
It works with standard file/folders (Not network drives)

Thanks
Rod
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-09-2011, 10:13 PM -
Rod001 Wrote:Do you have a solution to OPEN NETWORK DRIVES with Total commander?
Yes, use the registry key Drive instead of Directory.
The TORDEX Team
Rod001

04-10-2011, 05:01 AM -
Thank you Yuri.
It works