Make Screenshot MENU - Capture Results, Copy to Clipboard...
Started by swoooooooly

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
swoooooooly

33 posts 14 threads Joined: Nov 2009
12-05-2009, 03:00 AM -
After taking a capture, I find I always want to:
- see it right away to check out how it turned out (I may need to redo it, if not happy)
- if I am happy with it, copy it to clipboard to paste in an application

My ideas to improve the make screenshot plugin:

1. Turn it into a Menu Button.
---This means 'left click' does not activate the screen capture, it opens a menu.

2. To activate the screen capture, the 4 capture types are buttons inside the menu. PIC:
[Image: adfdsf.jpg]

---Click any capture button (eg Capture Application) and the menu automatically closes to let you select the Application.
---Once the selected Application has been captured, the menu automatically opens to display a thumbnail of your capture. PIC:
[Image: capturedt.jpg]

3. The menu not only displays the last capture, but if you 'save' your captures it also holds Thumbnails of all your recent screen captures

[Image: dddseeeeeee3.jpg]
3. Left Clicking on any thumbnail can either (optional):

---- Copy to clipboard
---- Open File in Default Picture Viewer.
---- Open in Containing Folder

4. Context menu options on any thumbnail:
---Copy to Clipboard, Open in Containing Folder, OCR - Extract Text from image, Delete Image to Recycle Bin.
[Image: aaaae33.jpg]

The whole feature could completely be optional, so the user can choose between the current functionality or this menu style.

ATM I use Windows Snipping Tool and JOCR.... The advantages of these are that you can see the result of your screen capture right away with the option to copy to clipboard. But TLB could be even more useful by providing thumbnails of all your recent snaps (not just the last one), and allowing you to quickly copy them to the clipboard when needed. Big Grin
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM -
Wow! Thank you very much for so detailed suggestion. I'm impressed.

I'll try to make everything you've asked. Currently I've prepared the new version of the Make Screenshot plugin (will publish it soon), but the next version will be with your suggestions Smile
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-05-2009, 02:33 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Wow! Thank you very much for so detailed suggestion. I'm impressed.

I'll try to make everything you've asked. Currently I've prepared the new version of the Make Screenshot plugin (will publish it soon), but the next version will be with your suggestions Smile

Cool looking forward to testing it out Smile
swoooooooly

12-06-2009, 04:21 AM -
Thankyou Yuri, I am really glad you like the idea ! Big Grin
swoooooooly

05-10-2010, 09:23 AM -
Yuri, you still thinking of doing something like this? The buttons inside the menu and the recently captured ideas are really what I am holding out for.

I really think Clipboard capture would be much easier to use with the buttons inside the menu, so you can choose on the fly what one you want to use. Easier then right click and checking you have the right one selected.

And it would be very convenient to have all your recent captures saved for easy access to pick and use in the clipboard. (means no exiting out of Photoshop OR Email to go find that image you want to use.) Essentially, it would be a feature that no other capture tool provides - very quick access to getting to get those last few snips. And something alone I'd buy a capture program for.
fordraceA

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2011
05-17-2011, 10:27 AM -
k totally need this.

all screenshot tools only good for one capture at a time. then u got to save and or retrieve them from explorer. this covers both these issues. see i could take sequence captures and check them later

PLUS if ineed 1 screenshot now, i might make right away but need it a bit later. this has it in easy reach.

but looks like old dead idea. shame.

please let me know,is there a program does this? im googling, and this is best but just mockup