New to TLB - Trying to Replace Quick Launch Bar
Started by js0873

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
js0873

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2011
06-18-2011, 09:00 AM -
I'm trying to replace the retrofitted quick launch bar in Windows 7, mainly because at times it is very slow to pull up the icons (for some reason). I installed TLB and have a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to either in the help or searching the forum.

(1) Is there any way to have large icons on the taskbar but small ones in the double arrow extended menu. The standard quick launch bar does this but I can't see any way in TLB.

(2) My larger issue. The height of the extended menu, the one when I press the double arrow on the taskbar, is much higher than the standard quick launch toolbar. When I use small icons in the standard version the spacing is very compact. I can simulate this somewhat by specifying that small icons are only 10 pixels, but then the icons on the taskbar are hard to see. Even more, the ones not on the taskbar and actually smaller than the ones in the standard quick launch toolbar, although the total height of the extended menu is close. In any case, is there a way to get the TLB quick launch bar about the same height as the standard one when using small icons? It just appears that the spacing between items is more and I don't see how to adjust it much, other than the icon size.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM -
The menu with double arrows have a limited functionality. It is impossible to change the icon size.

I recommend to create the normal menu and move there all shortcuts. If you have too many shortcuts you can use Windows Explorer or any other file manager. The folder where the shortcuts are located is %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. The menus are the subfolders.

Now how to make menu smaller. Set the menu background color and menu items color. This will make menu smaller. Also you can change the option "Menu item margin height" in TLB Settings->Menu->Sizes.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
js0873

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2011
06-19-2011, 06:53 AM -
I'm not seeing some of the things you're recommending, like TLB Settings->Menu->Sizes or changing the menu background color. I'm trialing the Free Launch Bar. Are these settings only available in TLB, the paid product?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-19-2011, 11:14 AM -
Yes this is about True Launch Bar (TLB). The Free Launch Bar (FLB) don't have these options.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com