Windows 7 default profiles standardized experience
Started by OPTaylor

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
OPTaylor

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2011
11-14-2011, 07:42 PM -
I've read the FAQ and searched the forums and have not found the solution. On Windows 7 (x86) machines, I'm trying to create a standardized user experience so that all users have the same icons and spacing. This is done quite easily in Windows XP. Windows 7 seems to have the settings stored in different locations. The settings.ini file that defines the icon size for small and large icons is now in App Data\Tordex\True Launch Bar\Settings. This file is in two places on Windows XP(see FAQ). I've tried to copy these files into the Default User profile as in the past with Windows XP. However, this doesn't work in Windows 7. The icon size and spacing is lost when a new user signs into the PC for the first time. Settings.ini seems to control this as well as standalone.xml. The file seems to be re-written to a new user's profile when they sign in. What could I possibly be missing?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-15-2011, 01:54 AM -
The setup.ini from the App Data\Tordex\True Launch Bar\Settings is used for toolbars with option "Use the global settings" (TLB Settings->Options).
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
OPTaylor

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2011
11-15-2011, 08:04 AM -
This seemed to work for profiles that already existed on the machine, but didn't apply it to new windows profiles loaded on the box. Is there a best practice for accomplishing this?