Very Strange Crossover in Menus
Started by CWBillow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM -
I have a folder in the All Users Programs folder (Windows 7 64-bit) named StartMon. I set up a virtual menu to this folder in TLB. Then, within that menu, I set up a link (virtual menu) to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" and one to "C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" -- one to the All Users startup folder, and one to my personal startup folder.

If I open either / both of these by right-clicking and selecting "Open" they show up properly, with all the right links and shortcuts. But if I just "point" at them, when they open up, they both actually open to the right path seemingly, but they *both* show the items in the "C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" folder instead of in each one separately.

What the heck???

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-09-2012, 02:56 AM -
TLB shows the items from both All Users and user profile folders for the Start Menu.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

01-09-2012, 10:33 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:TLB shows the items from both All Users and user profile folders for the Start Menu.

I'm not sure I understand here, Yuri: If I set up a virtual menu to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu", TLB will add in everything in "C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" automatically?

Why would it do that? What if I don't want both folders combined?

Chuck

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-11-2012, 01:15 PM -
Quote:I'm not sure I understand here, Yuri: If I set up a virtual menu to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu", TLB will add in everything in "C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" automatically?
Not add, just shows the shortcuts from both folders in one menu. Exactly the same way as the Windows Start menu does.
The TORDEX Team
CWBillow

01-11-2012, 04:37 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:I'm not sure I understand here, Yuri: If I set up a virtual menu to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu", TLB will add in everything in "C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" automatically?
Not add, just shows the shortcuts from both folders in one menu. Exactly the same way as the Windows Start menu does.

Yuri, yea, I get that it is a replica of the startup folder on the start menu. What it isn't though is a virtual folder the way it is selected and set up. What that does is make it difficult to determine which folder the items actually belong in.

Isn't there a way to have the combined folder as an option, and the separate folders by default so that they will copy the virtualization properties that other folders use -- creating the virtual folder from exactly what is selected?

Chuck

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-12-2012, 01:19 AM -
OK, I'll add the option.
The TORDEX Team
CWBillow

01-12-2012, 09:36 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:OK, I'll add the option.

Great. Thanks Yuri.

Chuck

Chuck Billow