Expand & Contract Taskbar for "Drive Space" plug-in
Started by Zardoz2293

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Zardoz2293

98 posts 56 threads Joined: Mar 2011
01-18-2012, 04:50 AM -
Plug-in "Drive Space" (in the end-user's example: located on the left of the Taskbar): When a drive becomes available or unavailable, the "loaded program field area" in the taskbar remains unchanged. In other words, there can be significant 'whitespace'/blank area which is unused as the drive space zone is not recalculated (expanded or contracted) and updated. Would be nice if the number of "columns" or "drives" maximum could be specified so as to limit complete usage of the "loaded program field area" if too many drives were loaded in an expanded/contracted (dynamic) capability.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

True Launch Bar - Current (64-Bit) | Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-18-2012, 12:43 PM -
This posible to make right now:
1) Set the option TLB Settings->Toolbar->General->Minimum size into any number equal or more then number of buttons on your toolbar (you can set it into 100 to be sure all right). This option will prevent the creating of menu with two arrows. TLB shows this menu if there are no room for buttons.
2) Make the width of the toolbar into the optimal when there are no drive I:

Now when you plug the drive I: TLB will expand the toolbar.

I've prepared the video to show hot to make all these Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Zardoz2293

01-18-2012, 03:46 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:I've prepared the video to show hot to make all these Wink
Yuri, very slick video!

One question: I'm vexed in regards to how you "unplug" a device/drive as you showed. I don't see any menu options to unplug, nor do I see how you can drag-n-drop (I tried but all of the drive space devices moved and didn't unplug but caused a mess with the TLB toolbar). Please educate me. Thanks!
True Launch Bar - Current (64-Bit) | Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-18-2012, 04:04 PM -
I've not used the safe remove for this video. I inserted USB Stick into USB port and then removed it. Not very safe, but usually there are no problems if you write noting to the drive.

One note: you can hold down the CTRL key and click the drive on Drive Space plugin to eject it safely.
The TORDEX Team
Zardoz2293

01-18-2012, 06:01 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:One note: you can hold down the CTRL key and click the drive on Drive Space plugin to eject it safely.
I find the CTRL+click (drive space device) to be very slick. It is only working for me with USB device and not on removable hard drive device which is listed in the "safely remove hardware and eject media". Is there something that can be enhanced / changed to allow for ejecting "safe" hard drives (those listed in the "safely remove hardware and eject media")? This would be a totally fantastic enhancement.

What are your thoughts?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-19-2012, 01:11 AM -
I'll try to find the way to eject any drive.
The TORDEX Team