Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

29 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM -
Please can you check the Digital Signature for tlb.dll
Right-click the tlb.dll and open the Properties and then the "Digital Signatures" tab. Are there any signature in the list?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DocCruncher

115 posts 21 threads Joined: Oct 2009
03-22-2012, 06:56 PM -
(03-22-2012, 02:40 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Please can you check the Digital Signature for tlb.dll
Right-click the tlb.dll and open the Properties and then the "Digital Signatures" tab. Are there any signature in the list?

Yes...

mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
03-27-2012, 03:16 PM -
I had a problem with scripting with TLB due to UAC and the windows virtualstore (I didn't even know this existed before now). My scripts were running under admin privilege but tlbhost was not - as a result the scripts were working on the true copy of tlbdata.xml but tlbhost was using the copy in the virtualstore.

The virtualstore has existed since Vista (which I was using before W8 CP) so I guess this is not isolated to W8, but under Vista I always had UAC turned off.

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-28-2012, 03:10 AM -
DocLotus, please can you contact me by email (support@tordex.com)? I can't to reproduce the bug. I'll make the special version for you for the testing.

Quote:I had a problem with scripting with TLB due to UAC and the windows virtualstore (I didn't even know this existed before now). My scripts were running under admin privilege but tlbhost was not - as a result the scripts were working on the true copy of tlbdata.xml but tlbhost was using the copy in the virtualstore.
I'm confused a bit. Does TlbHost store the shortcuts in the virtualstore? This is interesting why it do this. Please check if the user account have access to the toolbar folder. As I know Windows redirect applications into the virtual store if application try to write into the folder but don't have write access permissions there. The default toolbar folder have write access to the user, but maybe the permissions were overwritten when you move settings to the new system.
The TORDEX Team
DocCruncher

03-28-2012, 11:56 AM -
(03-28-2012, 03:10 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: DocLotus, please can you contact me by email (support@tordex.com)? I can't to reproduce the bug. I'll make the special version for you for the testing.

Quote:I had a problem with scripting with TLB due to UAC and the windows virtualstore (I didn't even know this existed before now). My scripts were running under admin privilege but tlbhost was not - as a result the scripts were working on the true copy of tlbdata.xml but tlbhost was using the copy in the virtualstore.
I'm confused a bit. Does TlbHost store the shortcuts in the virtualstore? This is interesting why it do this. Please check if the user account have access to the toolbar folder. As I know Windows redirect applications into the virtual store if application try to write into the folder but don't have write access permissions there. The default toolbar folder have write access to the user, but maybe the permissions were overwritten when you move settings to the new system.

WOW... That's GREAT customer service, Yuri.

I have run into a few other Win 8 problems (mostly with drivers) and have switched back to Win 7 as a few other programs either act weird or will not install.

I will wait for the next major Win 8 build before trying it again. I suspect many of these problems will resolve themselves as MS refines the build.

Thanks for all your efforts.
Doc

mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
03-29-2012, 04:44 AM -
No, not shortcuts - there were tlbdata.xml and setup.ini files in the VirtualStore. I did change permissions the toolbar folder and deleted the TLB Folder in the VirtualStore and it hasn't reappeared - you're right,

Thanks!
DocCruncher

06-05-2012, 03:48 PM -
(03-28-2012, 11:56 AM)DocCruncher Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 03:10 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: DocLotus, please can you contact me by email (support@tordex.com)? I can't to reproduce the bug. I'll make the special version for you for the testing.

WOW... That's GREAT customer service, Yuri.

I have run into a few other Win 8 problems (mostly with drivers) and have switched back to Win 7 as a few other programs either act weird or will not install.

I will wait for the next major Win 8 build before trying it again. I suspect many of these problems will resolve themselves as MS refines the build.

Thanks for all your efforts.
Doc
FYI... just did a clean install of Windows 8 Release Preview version 8400 (I think) & got the same exact error as I got with the previous preview of Win 8.

When the final of TLB comes out I may try again with Win 8 but until then I will stay with Win 7 until some of the problems are resolved.

Doc

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-06-2012, 01:49 PM -
Please can you try to install TLB with this installation package.
The TORDEX Team
DocCruncher

06-06-2012, 02:43 PM -
(06-06-2012, 01:49 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Please can you try to install TLB with this installation package.

Yuri;

Got your e-mail with this message...
Please can you try to install TLB with this installation package (http://download.truelaunchbar.com/... (visit the thread to read more..)

Problem is it takes me to the wrong web page (SEE attached JPEG)

Doc

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-06-2012, 02:47 PM -
Email notification from the forum cut off the message. The right link is:
http://download.truelaunchbar.com/test/t...ta(w8).exe
The TORDEX Team
DocCruncher

06-06-2012, 02:58 PM -
(06-06-2012, 02:47 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Email notification from the forum cut off the message. The right link is:
http://download.truelaunchbar.com/test/t...ta(w8).exe

Thanks, Yuri;

Will this version also work on Win 7 x64?

Doc
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-06-2012, 03:04 PM -
Yes.
The TORDEX Team
DocCruncher

06-06-2012, 03:12 PM -
(06-06-2012, 03:04 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Yes.

WONDERFUL.

I'm re-installing Win 8 right now.

Will let you know the outcome.

Doc
DocCruncher

06-06-2012, 04:22 PM -
MOST INTERESTING thing just happened...

I did a new install of Win 8 Release Preview (build 8400) and did NOT install the updated TLB that you suggested. Guess what? TLB 5.63 beta from 3-16-2012 ran just perfectly.

I now know what is going on here. When I originally had the problem installing 5.63 on Win 8 Consumer Preview (build 8250) I did a complete CLEAN new install with NO saving of Win 7 settings so the only way to get TLB installed was to do a new clean install of TLB and that is where the problem came up.

This time, I did an update from Win 7 to Win 8 which copied all my Win 7 settings over to Win 8, including TLB. THAT is why TLB 5.63 works on some installations on not on others.

SOOoooo..... it all depends if the user is doing a clean install or an update from Win 7.

Hope this helps a little

QUESTION... what is new or different in... truelaunchbar5631-beta(w8).exe?

Should I still install it?
Does it resolve other long-standing problems?

Thanks so much;
Doc
DocCruncher

06-06-2012, 05:59 PM -
Seem like I spoke too soon. As usual, Windows really trowed me a curve. Win 8 Release Preview looked good just after the initial install, BUT as soon as I did a Restart it bombed. Damn.

I tried ALL of the repair functions in Win 8 but none were successful. The last resort was the Restore feature which removed all of my installed programs (including TLB) leaving me with essentially a clean install.

As soon as I attempted to install the new TLB for Win 8 I got the same exact error message as I have been getting all along. So the new TLB does not resolve the install problem on Win 8.

I'm back to Win 7 for now

So sorry;
Doc