solved Programs virtual folder not showing all programs
Started by JimS

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
JimS

18 posts 9 threads Joined: Apr 2012
04-18-2012, 05:20 PM -
I've been using TLB for about three years and never had a problem -- at least nothing I wasn't able to eventually figure out. It's a great program that I can't do without.

But today the Programs virtual folder stopped showing all the installed programs. It's showing the programs in the Start Menu folder under ProgramData, but it's no longer showing the programs in the Start Menu folder under user AppData.

I was using TLB v. 5.6 when I first noticed the problem. I tried deleting the Programs virtual folder and creating a new one, but that didn't change anything. When I couldn't find anything else to change or fix, I completely uninstalled it and installed the beta, v. 5.6.3. But I'm still having the same problem.

If anyone can give me an idea about how to fix this, or even what to check to see what's wrong, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-19-2012, 02:09 AM -
What is your windows version?

Also for version 5.6.3 check the option:
TLB Settings->Options->General->Combine user's and common items
This option must be turned on.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
JimS

04-19-2012, 06:16 AM -
Sorry, Yuri, I should have put it in my post. I'm using Windows 7 Pro. I probably should have also mentioned that the Windows Start Menu is showing all the programs, so it's just TLB that's having this problem.

Combine user's and common items was turned on.

I tried turning it off and then back on again and also doing that and refreshing the menu, logging off and back on, and rebooting, but it didn't change anything.

JimS

04-19-2012, 07:01 PM -
Yuri,

You can mark this thread solved.

There was something wrong with the Programs folder under Start Menu that TLB didn't like but Windows didn't seem to have a problem with. I messed around with it until it worked.

Thanks for your earlier response and the time you put in on this.

Jim