[Feature Request] Unlocked config files, detect file change and reload
Started by cpriest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
cpriest

19 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2012
Thumbs Up  08-13-2012, 04:27 AM -
I have a few desktops that I keep in sync with Jungle Disk, unfortunately the configuration files for TLB are opened in locked mode and so when the settings sync JD cannot over-write the changed files.

It would be awesome if TLB could open the config files, read them, and close them. Only re-opening to write changes, or to re-read and reload when it detects a file change.

As it is now, I keep getting TLB Data -1, TLB Data -2, etc files as conflict files.

Many programs are heading this way (Firefox Sync, Google Sync, etc).
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-15-2012, 01:21 AM -
Please can you tell me what file types are opened in the locked mode?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
cpriest

19 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2012
08-16-2012, 04:14 AM -
I may have over-stated that, I'm not certain they are opened in lock mode. The one file that gets conflicts is the tlbdata.xml file. I occassionally will get a tlbdata-2.xml and tlbdata-3.xml file that will show up on the machine that I did not make a change on.

Presumably this is because Jungle Disk either couldn't over-write the tlbdata.xml file or there was a change on both ends. Does this file contain information that is updated regularly like a timestamp or something? The extra files really only show up when I've made a change on one computer or the other to something that isn't represented as an Icon or File, like setting a hot key on an icon (through TLB, not windows).

That's when I would experience a conflicted file.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-18-2012, 02:42 AM -
Do you get the locks on restoring file? You have to close TLB before restoring file. TLB Track the toolbar folder changes and can write something into tlbdata.xml when the changes found. Writing into files are always with locks.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com