Skin Change Quirks
Started by wolf

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
wolf

11 posts 5 threads Joined: Sep 2009
09-29-2012, 03:16 PM -
Hello! The Windows 7 theme looks awesome and works great, but every time I try a different theme there are two problems:

(1) The new skin never applies to the toolbar (it remains Windows 7) even though Toolbar and Menu are checked under "Apply skin to".
(2) The mail toolbar becomes slightly wider and menu icons are pushed off center. Even after returning to Windows 7 this has to be manually readjusted.

Screenshot

Any way to fix this or is it a bug?

------------
TLB 6.1 x64
Windows 7 Pro x64
NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
This post was last modified: 09-29-2012, 03:41 PM by wolf.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-29-2012, 03:45 PM -
Quote:(1) The new skin never applies to the toolbar (it remains Windows 7) even though Toolbar and Menu are checked under "Apply skin to".
Do you see the changes in the preview window? What other skin you've tried?

Quote:(2) The mail toolbar becomes slightly wider and menu icons are pushed off center. Even after returning to Windows 7 this has to be manually readjusted.
Please can you post the screenshots here to show the problem?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-29-2012, 03:54 PM -
Oh sorry, I've missed your screenshot.

As I see on the screenshot everything is valid. The skin you've selected is designed with large margins. So you've to adjust the toolbar width after applying it or returning it back.

Also the skins changes only the buttons appearance, not a toolbar.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
wolf

11 posts 5 threads Joined: Sep 2009
10-15-2012, 06:15 PM -
Yuri, thanks for the info. Sorry to hear that skins will not change toolbar appearance. Some skins seem incomplete when the toolbar and menus no longer match. Also, it looks like skins such as Myriad and Aero make the margins wider because the menu arrow is moved to the right of the button instead of the bottom where I prefer it, but these skins fail to adjust overall toolbar width accordingly to keep things centered. Is there a way to globally prevent skins from changing the menu arrow location? This is a minor issue of course. TLB is the best!
This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM by wolf.