New user questions
Started by judyn

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
judyn

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Nov 2012
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM -
I am overjoyed with True Launch Bar, Personal edition. I'm a migrant from Powerdesk's Toolbar, which I can't get to work on Windows 7. It is so time-consuming to evaluate tool bars / task bars/ launch bars, whatever they are called and I'm happy I found such a good one! I can't live with the number of programs I use without a way to find them quickly and easily and reliably. Yes, Windows 7 search is great, but for that to work you have to remember its real name... I'm so used to clicking on icons that sometimes I forget the name of something I don't use very often.

However, it has SO many features that I've gotten a bit confused along the way. I have a bar along the top, just like I want, autohide. I have basically two questions:

1) I'm using menus to categorize my programs. If I hover over one of my menu headers I get something that I think is useless -- an icon of a file folder and the same word that is already there. I have to click to open the first menu. After that, hovering opens menus. I can't find any setting that will make hovering open a menu without a click.

2) I want "large" (I've set the size) icons for things that are not in menus but small icons in the menu lists. I managed to make my first menu so that every time I add something to that menu the icon is small, but after that one, I've been having to set the size of every icon in every menu. What am I missing? Global is fine -- I don't need to adjust the size of anything individually if I could get this to work with large for non-menus and small in menus.

Thanks for a great product!
Judy
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-04-2012, 04:16 AM -
Quote:1) I'm using menus to categorize my programs. If I hover over one of my menu headers I get something that I think is useless -- an icon of a file folder and the same word that is already there. I have to click to open the first menu. After that, hovering opens menus. I can't find any setting that will make hovering open a menu without a click.
The option you need is:
TLB Settings->Mouse->Popup menu on mouse hover

Quote:2) I want "large" (I've set the size) icons for things that are not in menus but small icons in the menu lists. I managed to make my first menu so that every time I add something to that menu the icon is small, but after that one, I've been having to set the size of every icon in every menu. What am I missing? Global is fine -- I don't need to adjust the size of anything individually if I could get this to work with large for non-menus and small in menus.
If you want small icons in menu, right-click in the menu and select View->Small Icons
Now all new items will be with the small icons. This option does not have effect for the menu items for what you've changed icon size individually.
BTW, in the "Customize buttons" dialog box you can select some items in the list, holding SHIFT or CTRL keys and click.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
judyn

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Nov 2012
12-04-2012, 06:58 AM -
Thanks! I'll find the mouse section. I wonder why I didn't see it.

(12-04-2012, 04:16 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: If you want small icons in menu, right-click in the menu and select View->Small Icons
Now all new items will be with the small icons. This option does not have effect for the menu items for what you've changed icon size individually.

That must be what I did for the one menu that does what I want. It sounds like I can't make all new menus default to this? I only set up the toolbar once so it's not a problem.

Judy