(Feature Request) Backing up Clipboard Manager History?
Started by gate1975mlm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
04-15-2013, 08:25 AM -
Hi Yuri,

Can you add a option for backing up the whole clipboard Manager history with all the clips retained? This would be great for when I need to reinstall windows and want to retain all my clips Smile

Also any chance you can add an option to edit the text clips? Like for example right clicking on a text clip and clicking edit.

Thanks Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-16-2013, 08:55 AM -
Quote:Can you add a option for backing up the whole clipboard Manager history with all the clips retained? This would be great for when I need to reinstall windows and want to retain all my clips
Yes, I'll add this feature.

BTW. to restore the clips, you have to restore the folder:
PHP Code:
%appdata%\Tordex\True Launch Bar\Clipboard Manager 

Restoring this folder before restoring TLB will save your clips.

Quote:Also any chance you can add an option to edit the text clips? Like for example right clicking on a text clip and clicking edit.
I'll try Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

04-16-2013, 09:40 AM -
(04-16-2013, 08:55 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Can you add a option for backing up the whole clipboard Manager history with all the clips retained? This would be great for when I need to reinstall windows and want to retain all my clips
Yes, I'll add this feature.

PHP Code:

Quote:Also any chance you can add an option to edit the text clips? Like for example right clicking on a text clip and clicking edit.
I'll try Wink

Thanks again Yuri you are the best! Smile

gate1975mlm

07-21-2013, 08:10 AM -
[quote='Yuri Kobets' pid='20669' dateline='1366131344']
[quote]Can you add a option for backing up the whole clipboard Manager history with all the clips retained? This would be great for when I need to reinstall windows and want to retain all my clips[/quote]Yes, I'll add this feature.

PHP Code:

I wanted to test this so I saved the clipboard manager folder from %appdata%\Tordex\True Launch Bar\Clipboard Manager then I emptied my clipboard manager.

But when I placed the backed up folder back to %appdata%\Tordex\True Launch Bar\Clipboard Manager the clipboard manager now remains empty with no clips.

What did I do wrong?
This post was last modified: 07-21-2013, 08:16 AM by gate1975mlm.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-21-2013, 10:20 AM -
Quote:What did I do wrong?
Currently there are two places that store CM information. The folder "%appdata%\Tordex\True Launch Bar\Clipboard Manager" contain the clipboard data (in files). And the plugins file (something like Clipboard Manager.tlbplugin) in your toolbar folder contain the list of items. You have to backup and restore both of thses items.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

07-21-2013, 12:27 PM -
(07-21-2013, 10:20 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:What did I do wrong?
Currently there are two places that store CM information. The folder "%appdata%\Tordex\True Launch Bar\Clipboard Manager" contain the clipboard data (in files). And the plugins file (something like Clipboard Manager.tlbplugin) in your toolbar folder contain the list of items. You have to backup and restore both of thses items.

So that's why I could not recover all my clips. I saved the folder but not the tlbplugin. I am Really looking forward to a much simpler way of backing up the clipboard Smile

Thanks again Smile