Started by Gary Mugford

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Gary Mugford

23 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
08-21-2013, 09:31 AM -
Yuri,

Would it be possible to extend Drive Space to include mapped drives? Mapped drives pointing at NAS's?

I believe it would be prudent to leave Drive Space as is, for all the users who don't have mappings into external storage not covered by built-in USB handling. I have six drives in NAS boxes and would like to have an indicator like the one I have for my internal drives. And now to look at it, my big grab-bag drive is running 96 percent full. Time to move some files to NAS storage and/or off on to disk backups.

There's obviously a technical reason why such drives aren't included in Drive Space. Has the passage of time allowed you to come up with a way around those hurdles?

Thanks again for a great and useful utility.
This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM by Q Section.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-21-2013, 01:21 PM -
Actually the Drive Space plugin supports the network mapped drives. Just add the mapped drive in the plugin properties and Drive Space show it.

When network drive is offline, Drive Space hides it and shows it back when drive go online.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Gary Mugford

23 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
08-21-2013, 06:24 PM -
(08-21-2013, 01:21 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Actually the Drive Space plugin supports the network mapped drives. Just add the mapped drive in the plugin properties and Drive Space show it.

When network drive is offline, Drive Space hides it and shows it back when drive go online.

It DOES INDEED!! I fell into the trap of making assumptions, using the fill button and not seeing the mapped drives ... and just assuming the plugin was only for local drives. A pleasant surprise to see how wrong I was.

Thank you Yuri.