Started by sevbsn

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

30 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-31-2014, 11:06 AM -
Quote:Yuri, do you expect that this will cause problems, IE cases where this will not work portably?
Usually no problems with "regsvr32 tbl.dll". The problem with update only, when TLB is on the taskbar the tlb.dll is locked by explorer.exe process, so you can't to overwrite it to update. Even if you close TLB, the tlb.dll will be locked until you restart computer or Windows Explorer (hold down CTRL+SHIFT and right click Start Button or taskbar and select Exit Explorer). The same problem with plugins update.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
cpriest

19 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2012
12-31-2014, 12:23 PM -
Cool that's easy enough to get around, thank you.
hometownnerd

24 posts 5 threads Joined: Mar 2006
01-27-2015, 07:22 AM -
This is awesome! I have been managing my TLB setup, I have 2 locations I work in and the monitor setups are different at times, by using powershell to detect my location and copying settings depending on detected WIFI to the correct folder and then having that launch TLB afterwarsd. This may be the better way to handle it, detect my WIFI and then start the correct portable TLB.

I just wanted to thank you for this portable version and for this awesome tool!!

Quick question though, how can I migrate my toolbars I currently have as the installed TLB to the portable one? I just noticed the portable toolbars are blank and the settings are not where I thought they were for the installed version.

Thanks again
This post was last modified: 01-27-2015, 07:27 AM by hometownnerd.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-27-2015, 10:14 AM -
Quote:Quick question though, how can I migrate my toolbars I currently have as the installed TLB to the portable one? I just noticed the portable toolbars are blank and the settings are not where I thought they were for the installed version.
Download the protable version, and copy some folders into the portable installation:
This folder contains some global options:
%appdata%\Tordex\True Launch Bar -> profile
This is the default toolbar
%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch - toolbars\Default Toolbar

Any other toolbars can be copied into "toolbars" folder. Actually the toolbar folder contains all toolbar settings, so no matter what the location of the toolbar folder just point to this folder when open new TLB toolbar.
The TORDEX Team
hometownnerd

01-27-2015, 11:36 AM -
Ok, awesome. But now my plugins are not working, I know I am missing a step somewhere, but what I did was tried to copy the entire plugins directory into the portable version's plugins directory, I still see the TLB plugin icon in the toolbar and when I right click...click new.... I end up with just the standard menu with more plugins at the bottom with none of my plugins. I tried to install one of the plugins from the site and still the same issue, I installed it into the plugins directory under the portable version. Why must I have so much trouble, I know it is my fault, sorry to be a bother.
This post was last modified: 01-27-2015, 11:37 AM by hometownnerd.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-27-2015, 11:52 AM -
Plugins must be installed using the TLB Components Manager (run tlbupd.exe). It will install the portable plugins.
The TORDEX Team
hometownnerd

01-27-2015, 12:06 PM -
See I knew I was doing something stupid! Thank you so much!
cpriest

19 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2012
01-27-2015, 01:33 PM -
Say Yuri, something I noticed is that every time tlbUpd.exe runs it asks me to exit TLB before it has even checked if there are updates.

Would it be possible to have it check for updates and only if there are updates have it request shutdown?
sevbsn

35 posts 7 threads Joined: Jul 2012
08-01-2015, 12:30 AM -
I am having really frustrating problems.

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1) and lo and behold tlbhost which was completely portable shows an empty taskar. The positioning is correct (2nd monitor), but none of my items are there. This is really frustrating as I don't want to tune it as it will ruin the chances of testing and fixing TLBhost's portability once and for all. It worked on my Windows 8.1 install, but this WAS NOT a virgin install of windows.

[Image: cNNkqeN.png]

Very frustrated! Yuri, can you help with this? I can send you the TLB folder. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am a very experienced user and nothing was changed from Windows 8.1. All the application data was preserved. Sad
This post was last modified: 08-01-2015, 12:31 AM by sevbsn.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-01-2015, 04:11 AM -
This toolbar looks like the standard Windows Quick Launch. Generally nothing must be lost after windows update. I guest your TLB have been switched into other toolbar folder (standard Windows Quick Launch).
If this is the portable version, then try to right-click toolbar and select your toolbar from the "Switch Toolbar" submenu. Also, check if the file named "portable" is exist in the same folder as tlbHost.exe, and create empty file if it is not exists (restart TLB after creating.)
The TORDEX Team
sevbsn

08-01-2015, 05:33 AM -
I went to Switch Toolbar > Default Toolbar and it brought it back.

I am so confused. There is indeed an empty file called "portable". Nothing changed.

if this is truly portable, tlbhost should've recognized that it was my default toolbar. Where is that "Default Toolbar" setting being stored?
This might be a bug.

Whenever I launch TLbhost it reverts back to the above toolbar, even though I switched toolbar.

Here's a beyond-compare comparison

edited out
This post was last modified: 08-01-2015, 07:29 AM by sevbsn.
sevbsn

08-01-2015, 06:35 AM -
Yuri,
sent you a PM with download details
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-01-2015, 07:28 AM -
Thank you very much for TLB backup (you can delete it)! I've reproduced the bug. I need some time to find the solution.
The TORDEX Team
sevbsn

08-01-2015, 07:29 AM -
Thanks Yuri!
No worries. I am happy you were able to reproduce it Big Grin
sevbsn

08-01-2015, 02:46 PM -
Yuri,
Other thing to report is that some of hotkeys I assigned to some shortcuts had assigned disappeared, while others are there. I know for sure some of these hotkeys existed becaused I used them 5 times a day Big Grin Maybe this has to do with Windows 10 trying to 'steal' back the hotkeys
This post was last modified: 08-01-2015, 08:00 PM by sevbsn.