Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
Information  06-03-2014, 04:03 PM -
True Launch Bar v6.6.4 beta is released.

What's new:
  • Added the menu animation speed option. Now you can select between animation duration (msec) and speed (pixels/step).
  • Redesigned "Customize menu". Added ability to add the options for submenu levels and torn off/docked menus.
  • Added option for maximum text rows of the text labels with muli-lines (TLB Settings->Options->General->Labels text rows).
  • The autohide and docked tags menu options are moved into separate dialog box.
Fixed:
  • Menu stay opened when drag&drop with CTRL key pressed.
  • Some minor bugs fixed.

About new "Customize menu" dialog box

The "Customize sub-menus" context menu item is removed. Now you can use the single "Customize menu" to set options for all menus in any level. Also you can add the options for torn off and docked menus. If you right-click the toolbar and select "Customize menu", you'll customize all menus on the toolbar. This is something like the default menu settings. Also you can right-click inside any menu and customize its submenus only.

On load, all menus try to find the options for its level first. If there are no options for this menu level in any parent menu, menu uses the options from parent menu (or default if this is the first level menu).

Two additional options in "Customize menu" dialog box:
  • Overwrite sub-menu options - turn on this option if you want to reset the all sub-menus to the default state defined in "Customize Menu" of parents.
  • Remove the menu levels in sub-menus - this option removes any levels options in submenus - all submenu will use the default options defined in current (or parent) "Customize Menu".
Small tip: how to reset all menus to the default settings. Right-click the toolbar, select "Customize menu", delete all sub-menu levels, turn on the "Overwrite sub-menu options" and "Remove the menu levels in sub-menus" and press OK.

IMPORTANT: Please make the toolbars backup before installing this version. Version 6.6.4 make many changes in the toolbar settings files. Although the changes must be compatible with previous versions, but something can go wrong.

Download True Launch Bar v6.6.4 beta

Beta version home page
This post was last modified: 06-03-2014, 04:04 PM by Yuri Kobets.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
06-04-2014, 12:06 AM -
I run 8 standalone toolbars at the same time. Do I have to backup the settings for each of the 8 toolbars separately?
What is the difference between saving a backup and saving a profile?
This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 12:12 AM by danmeek.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-04-2014, 01:37 AM -
Quote:I run 8 standalone toolbars at the same time. Do I have to backup the settings for each of the 8 toolbars separately?
Yes backup for every toolbar.

Quote:What is the difference between saving a backup and saving a profile?
"Profile" saves just TLB Settings. Backup saves all shortcuts, menus and layout options.

BTW. You can just zip/save the content of toolbars folders. This is the same as make "toolbar backup", but will be more quickly for 8 toolbars.
The TORDEX Team
JimS

18 posts 9 threads Joined: Apr 2012
06-07-2014, 10:06 AM -
Yuri,

Up through the last stable version, the Shell/Button context menu for system folders had a "Properties" item. This seems to be missing in the most recent beta version as are a couple of other items. I've attached a couple of screen grabs.

It there an easy way to get it back? I hope it's not gone permanently; I thought it was useful.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-07-2014, 10:13 AM -
Quote:It there an easy way to get it back?

Try to turn on the option TLB Settings->Context menu->Show full shell menu.

The TORDEX Team
JimS

06-07-2014, 10:51 AM -
Thanks, Yuri, I checked: Show full shell menu is turned on.

I turned it off, and clicked the Apply button. Then I turned it back on, and clicked the Apply button again. Nothing changed. It doesn't seem to have any effect.

Edit: Anything else I can try?
This post was last modified: 06-07-2014, 11:03 AM by JimS.
Gary Mugford

23 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
06-07-2014, 04:43 PM -
Yuri,

I just tried the 6.6.4 beta. It's the first one I have ever tried that disappointed me. It DESTROYED my toolbar layouts. Reverted them to three or four column menus that didn't completely show. Moved items around. Didn't show complete captions (and turning on word wrap was ... not good). I reverted to my backup that I had saved prior to testing it out. I also managed to blow TLB out of the water at least once in experimentation. I have a win7x64 system with multiple monitors. The TLB is on the second monitor and I accidentally left the property form of an item when I went to Restore. TLB disappeared, which means rebooting the computer. A dumb mistake, but one that might be accomodated by a check for any 'open' menu/property screen before allowing Restore to commence. Then the dimmer lights of the universe won't get to exercise their knowledge of cursing [G]. My next step was to do a complete uninstall of TrueBar, through RevUninstaller. It went almost smoothly, with TLB itself throwing up a error screen just after the ip add-in uninstall. Since I was using Revo, I was able to delete the rest of the leftover files and one registry entry after the TLB uninstall concluded (this is NOT proper form). I then re-installed 6.6.3 beta. And my next post will have to detail that since I'm now rebooting the computer.
Yuri,

The recovery, including re-registration process, back to 6.6.3 ALMOST worked perfectly. I had customized several of the sub-menus off menu buttons on the TLB and their skins didn't survive the recovery. Not all that important and I've opted to leave them all with the default skin. And, of course, the add-ins all failed to survive. That required re-installing for the free space widget and the calculator. I've discovered them to be necessary, the others not.

Just for information's sake, the layout that got clobbered by the 6.6.4 install GENERALLY had each sub-menu running multiple columns with no sorting with each icon having the FULL text to the right of it. Word wrap checked on. That's it. Please let me keep that layout in the future.

It IS a beta, after all, so some quirks are inevitable. That it took this long for one to affect me is a testament to your programming. Thank you for your efforts. GM
This post was last modified: 06-07-2014, 05:05 PM by Gary Mugford.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-07-2014, 07:33 PM -
Gary Mugford, Thank you very much for your feedback. Please can you send me (support@tordex.com) the backup of your toolbar and some screenshots to show how your menus/toolbar looks on version 6.6.3. I'll try to inspect your configuration and fix the layout break. Thank you.

JimS, I remember why you don't have "Properties". This is the root of the virtual folder. I've forced using the "short" menu for the root of the virtual folder. This is because of the "Delete" menu item. Many users reported about problems because this "Delete" deletes the source folder. The only solution I've found is disable all standard menu items (including Properties).

You still can access the "Properties". Usually "True Launch Bar" submenu have the "Properties" menu item. But this is not works with "My Computer" virtual folder. You can open the Appearance->Button Properties and set the "Default command" or "Middle-click command" into "properties". TLB runs "Default command" for double click and "Middle-click command" when you press middle mouse button (usually the scroll wheel click).
This post was last modified: 06-07-2014, 07:34 PM by Yuri Kobets.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
JimS

06-08-2014, 06:03 AM -
Thanks, Yuri. I liked having Properties available in the context menu, but what you did makes sense. In fact, I accidentally deleted folders on a couple of occasions by selecting delete in the shell menu. As you suggested, I set middle click to display properties and that works fine.
Gary Mugford

06-13-2014, 05:08 AM -
(06-07-2014, 07:33 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Gary Mugford, Thank you very much for your feedback. Please can you send me (support@tordex.com) the backup of your toolbar and some screenshots to show how your menus/toolbar looks on version 6.6.3. I'll try to inspect your configuration and fix the layout break. Thank you.

Yuri,

I am including the backup and screenshots of the TLB on the bottom of the secondary monitor (remember, I am using UltraMon to handle the multi monitor layout), an expanded menu with the layout I normally use (Currently, all sub-menus use the default skin) and the one menu I use that is just icons (the games menu). I have also included the backup. I put all of this in a zip file for attachment here. Hope this helps. Appreciate all your efforts.

GM

EDIT: OOPS, missed that I was supposed to send this via email. Doing that now and deleting the attachment from this post. Sorry.

This post was last modified: 06-13-2014, 05:10 AM by Gary Mugford.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-23-2014, 04:37 PM -
Gary Mugford, thank you very much for files. Now I see the problem. To fix your configuration: right-click any toolbar button, select "Customize menu" and deleting the options for the first menu level will fix the problem.

I'll try to make the conversion between versions more clearly.
The TORDEX Team
Gary Mugford

07-03-2014, 09:57 AM -
(06-23-2014, 04:37 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Gary Mugford, thank you very much for files. Now I see the problem. To fix your configuration: right-click any toolbar button, select "Customize menu" and deleting the options for the first menu level will fix the problem.

I'll try to make the conversion between versions more clearly.

Yuri,

I really don't see any ability for "deleting the options for the first menu level." Perhaps a short how-to, click by click or even a video tutorial?

The implication is my configuration is broken somehow. In what way?

Thanks for bearing with me. GM
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-03-2014, 12:09 PM -
Quote:I really don't see any ability for "deleting the options for the first menu level." Perhaps a short how-to, click by click or even a video tutorial?
This possible in version 6.6.4 only. Right-click any toolbar button, select "Customize menu", find the drop down list with the "Menu Level" label. In your configuration only the "Submenu level - 1" will be in the list. Press "-" button at the right side of the drop down list.

Or wait for the next version. I've found the way to correctly convert settings. At least it works well with your configuration.
The TORDEX Team