Lost Hidden Item??
Started by CWBillow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
08-13-2014, 08:00 PM -
I have been reconstructing a system all day today, and just a moment ago, as I am coming close to thee finish, I think I may have hidden a menu item in error.

This particular setup is a mimic of the programs folder, so it has many nested folders in the True Launch bar.

Is there any way to get a list of any and all programs the True Launch is hiding so that I can verify and find the one I think is hidden? I'm not sure of the name, I just think that I saw something get hidden as I was constructing the folders.

Is there a way to find all the hidden folders?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-13-2014, 08:44 PM -
Quote:Is there a way to find all the hidden folders?
This is impossible by using TLB itself, but you can seach in the tlbdata.xml files inthe toolbar folder the string:
Code:
hidden="1"
For example the Notepad++ can search in the folder. When you find this string, open the file and the name of hidden item can be found near it. Something like
Code:
<item name="My Programm" hidden="1" ...
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
08-13-2014, 09:12 PM -
(08-13-2014, 08:44 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Is there a way to find all the hidden folders?
This is impossible by using TLB itself, but you can seach in the tlbdata.xml files inthe toolbar folder the string:
Code:
hidden="1"
For example the Notepad++ can search in the folder. When you find this string, open the file and the name of hidden item can be found near it. Something like
Code:
<item name="My Programm" hidden="1" ...

I found the file:

C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\tlbdata.xml

So what does this mean? Where exactly is it? and how then do I "recover" it?

Chuck

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-14-2014, 03:23 AM -
Oh, this is the "Rest items" or more correctly "More items" - the menu with two arrows where TLB shows items when there are no space for them. This is not actually the hidden folder/shortcut. Note, all subfolders inside the toolbar folder contain the tlbdata.xml, if none of these files don't have hidden="1" then you don't have any hidden items. If you'll find something, just replace 1 with 0 and refresh TLB toolbar.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com