Switch to Previously Running Application
Started by ben2church

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
ben2church

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2014
08-16-2014, 09:09 AM -
Your True Launch Bar is about the most extensive docking bar programs I've ever seen. I am very much in favor of buying it, but haven't found one feature that I've found in some other docking programs.

Instead of opening a new instance of a program (say a new browser window), is there a way to open an already running application (say a previous browser that is already open)? Other docking programs like Rocketdock and Autodock have this kind of functionality. But they don't have near the features though in so many other ways (I've never seen anything like the Auto-sensing feature before, and is a great feature).

So if the shortcut doesn't find a previously running application, then it will launch a new instance of the program. Can True Launch Bar do this as well? If it can, it is a no brainer to buy it.

Thanks for your help!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-16-2014, 09:37 AM -
Sorry, this feature is not released yet Sad

While this feature is not implemented, I can recommend the Windows List plugin. This plugin can be used to switch into opened application.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
08-16-2014, 01:13 PM -
+1

I would also really like this feature.

In my case when I have my E mail software called "eM Client" opened and I go to click on the the Mail Monitor plugin I would like it to instantly bring up the eM Client opened window. However for what ever reason when I have eM Client running and I click any shortcut for it there is always a slight pause before the eM Client window opens where as if I click eM Client from the taskbar the window opens instantly. It would be great if when clicking on all shortcuts to programs including from Mail monitor if it just brought the opened window to the front Smile

This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 01:21 PM by gate1975mlm.
ben2church

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2014
08-17-2014, 05:27 PM -
Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying out the Windows List plug-in in tear-off mode, but can't seem to change the icon image. I think I followed everything in the help menu. Any thoughts? Do I have to change the default icon for that Windows program?

Also, how can I sign up to get emails on when new software comes out? Would love to upgrade if you release it in a future version.

Thanks,
Ben
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-18-2014, 02:05 PM -
Quote:Also, how can I sign up to get emails on when new software comes out? Would love to upgrade if you release it in a future version.

Twitter
Facebook
G+
RSS
Or subscribe on newsletter on website (right-top side).
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com