Started by brotman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
brotman

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2006
Question  08-25-2014, 11:23 AM -
:Hi Yuri,

I've been a longtime user and fan of TLB and I think you and your company are the greatest! (are there others in the company besides you?)

You continue to amaze and impress me with your new additions and fast responses and fixes. I've just started playing with the standalone version and have a few questions and comment:

1. What does the toolbar/taskbar selector do??? (i.e. what's the difference between a toolbar an a taskbar in TLB?)
  2. How do you get the large round analog clock that is seen in your videos?
  3. Is there any problem in re-using the same folders as menus in the base and standalone versions??
  4. Bug?: I made a "gadgets" menu in the standalone TLB toolbar
    where I put my TLB Plugins. when I hover over "add remove programs" (or sometimes a seperator near the bottom of the list it seems that TLB crashes !!

Thanks in advance and for all yoour great work!

Chuck Brotman

-
Best Regards,
Chuck
brotman

08-25-2014, 02:24 PM -
yuri,

FWIW, I have found that the ad/remove programs plugin crashes the standalone toolba even whe its on the 1st level toolbar (i.e. it doesny have to be in a submenu to cause this problem. so far no otherplugins have caused this! I haven't tried this on the base version of TLB, yet...

Hope that helps...
Ok,

I got it to fail on the base version, too
This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 02:26 PM by brotman.
-
Best Regards,
Chuck
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-25-2014, 04:50 PM -
Quote:I've been a longtime user and fan of TLB and I think you and your company are the greatest! (are there others in the company besides you?)
Thank you. I'm alone currently Blush

Quote:What does the toolbar/taskbar selector do??? (i.e. what's the difference between a toolbar an a taskbar in TLB?)
Sorry this is not clearly for me. What "toolbar/taskbar selector" do you mean?

Quote:How do you get the large round analog clock that is seen in your videos?
This is the TLB Clock plugin with OrientD skin.

Quote:Is there any problem in re-using the same folders as menus in the base and standalone versions??
Do you plan to use both standalone and "base" versions? If so, I recommend to use the different toolbar folder. If you want to replace TLB on the taskbar with the same toolbar but in standalone mode, then just close TLB on the taskbar and switch standalone toolbar to the default toolbar folder.

Quote:Bug?: I made a "gadgets" menu in the standalone TLB toolbar
where I put my TLB Plugins. when I hover over "add remove programs" (or sometimes a seperator near the bottom of the list it seems that TLB crashes !!
What is your Windows version and True Launch Bar version?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
brotman

08-25-2014, 07:52 PM -
Yuri,

Oh, sorry, I'm running:
windows 7 64bit Home premium &
TLB 6.6 and/or standalone TLB 6.6.7 RC1 (64 bit)

they both fail on Ad or remove programs (it says loading folder contents or something like that, when it crashes TLB

I was refering to context menu -> toolbar properties -Skin -> default style "taskbar/toolbar" I may have misunderstood the purpose first time around. still curious though... what's it do??
By the way, the Add or remove programs plug-in also crashed the base version 6.6
Yuri,

One more thing before I go to bed: I've downloaded the Orient D skin for the tlb clock. I've put a copy of the extracted folder in the standalone's skins,and the standalone/plugins/tlbclock/skin.

I still don't see it listed in any of the dialogs. Please give me more specific instructions (and type slowly -- I can't read very fast Smile )

This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 08:21 PM by brotman.
-
Best Regards,
Chuck
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-27-2014, 05:54 PM -
Quote:One more thing before I go to bed: I've downloaded the Orient D skin for the tlb clock. I've put a copy of the extracted folder in the standalone's skins,and the standalone/plugins/tlbclock/skin.
You have to place it into the folder (relative to True Launch Bar installation folder): plugins\tlbclock\skins

Be sure the skin files (like clockskin.ini and back.png) are inside "plugins\tlbclock\skins\Orient D". This is not valid to place files into something like "plugins\tlbclock\skins\Orient D\Orient D"

BTW. Not sure, but it looks like when you tell "standalone" you mean the "portable".

Standalone TLB: to get standalone TLB you run tlbHost.exe This file is installed with TLB (shortcut in Start->All Programs->True launch Bar). Actually this is a small "taskbar emulator" to load tlb.dll without explorer.exe (taskbar). Firstly I've created "emulator" to simplify TLB development (it is too hard when windows explorer is killed every time).

portable TLB: this is just a type of installation. You download zip, unzip it and run tlbhost.exe (Standalone TLB).
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com