workaround for ad or remove programs bug???
Started by brotman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
brotman

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2006
08-26-2014, 08:32 PM -
Yuri

As I have already reported I've been seeing TLB 6.6 crash when hovering over the "ad or remove programs" plug-in v1.1 It seems to have spread to the simple opening and hovering over a menu which contains
the "ad or remove programs" plug-in v1.1

So, I figured Just delete it, right? Wrong! You have to hover over the item for a short while before, don't you???

I've tried dragging to a menu, a folder, the destop, but I guess 'm not fast enough. so I need some alternative to delete or hide.

Is there any way in TLB to delete a plugin some other (Maybe sneaky?way than hovering and hitting delete or the context menu and red-x delete or hide??

Thanks!
-
Best Regards,
Chuck
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-27-2014, 05:32 PM -
To remove plugin from toolbar, right-click the empty space of toolbar and select "Open", TLB will open the toolbar folder. Find the file with name something like "Add Or Remove Programs.tlbplugin" and delete it. The plugin will be removed from toolbar automatically.

PS. Sorry I still can't to reproduce the bug. Please can you post here the error text from event viewer? Here is the video how to get the error text:

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-28-2014, 04:37 AM -
BTW. Usually you don't need "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows 7+. It is possible to add this menu as virtual folder.

Open "Programs and Features" in the control pane, take the icon in the address bar of windows explorer by right mouse button and drag to TLB. When you drop the icon, TLB will show the menu. Select "Create Menu Here".
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
brotman

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2006
08-28-2014, 10:56 AM -
Yuri,

Okay got it,

Thanks again,

Chuck
-
Best Regards,
Chuck