accepted 'Related Links' Related add-on features - to make it more convenient and powerful
Started by gks

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
gks

18 posts 4 threads Joined: Nov 2014
11-15-2014, 05:23 PM -
Hi Yuri,

In my view, the features in attached screenshot May make the 'Related links' feature more convenient and powerful.

I've suggested them based on Existing features of TLB, however I'm not sure about the effort needed to incorporate them in 'Related links' also. I think, at least (1) should not take much effort.

Please share your views on it.
This post was last modified: 01-03-2015, 08:48 PM by Q Section.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

gks

12-06-2014, 08:06 PM -
Any views on it . . . .
gks

12-07-2014, 09:10 PM -
Hi Yuri,

Is there any way / work-around,
(1) to change positions of 'Related links' 'up / down' and
(2) to insert separator-like thing between related links ?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-07-2014, 09:41 PM -
I like this idea. I'll try to release it in one of the next version.

Up/Down it is simple, but the separators need some more works.

Thank you for suggestion.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gks

12-08-2014, 12:58 AM -
Thanks Yuri,

one more humble suggestion - Please look for the possibility for 'Bold' and 'color-change' also, if possible
gks

01-01-2015, 02:47 AM -
Hi Yuri,

Please find below 3 VERY SMALL and not-so-convenient things related to 'Related Links' feature, in my view they should not take much time to implement but can make using this feature 'more convenient'.

1 - If my menu has 4 columns - 'Related links' in 'first' and 'fourth' (last) column are shown on RIGHT-HAND while in 'second' and 'third' column they are shown ABOVE the menu-item
so there should be an option to select the position of 'Related Links' in TLB Settings and IT SHOULD WORK CONSISTENTLY FOR ALL THE COLUMNS in the menu
2 - When the 'Related Link' box is opened it hides other Menu-items below it - making it difficult to go to the other menu-items - for that user needs to move the mouse around other items a little (although it is a very small distance for the mouse) but for a user who uses the system all day long - that becomes a lot of un-necessary moves - to solve it there should be a key like 'ESC' to HIDE the 'Related Links' for a menu-item if 'Related links' box is already opened and to SHOW the 'related links' box if i want to see it again after hiding it - without first going to some other menu-item and then hovering again on the previous menu-item to show the 'Related Links' box
3 - As 'Related Links' box will have LINKS ONLY and user can't write different HEADINGS in related links - the Word 'LINKS' in bold Occupying the width of one-and-half line takes space and hides more menu-items under the 'Related Links' box - so it seems,
(a) easier option - 'Links' word-and-that-line may be removed too or
(b) may take a little time - there can be given an option to Show / hide the 'Links' line or to change the text 'Links' with something else of user's choice

It is well understood that you must be busy in preparing the next release soon but please see if the very-little ones from the above can also be included in it

As always, a demanding user of your valuable efforts :-)

Hi Yuri,

an update -> Partial Solution for point no - 2,
'Related Links' box Hides on clicking 'spacebar' but does NOT show again on hitting 'spacebar' again
This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 02:55 AM by gks.
gks

01-02-2015, 02:30 AM -
Hi Yuri,

as you told that implementing the 'separator' feature in 'Related links' may take time.
But could you please modify the current logic a little so that it can ALLOW-TO-HAVE an entry in related links having text as '-----------' (WITHOUT ANY LINK GIVEN TO IT) and so that any such entry which does NOT have a link associated with it is SHOWN WITHOUT HYPERLINK ONLY IN BLACK TEXT in the pop-up.

That way User can give his OWN HEADINGS for different chunks of entries in the 'Related Links'

Because at present TLB automatically deletes any entry from the list which does not have a link in it AFTER RESTART

Please suggest, whether you plan to think over it for coming version or later . . . .
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-20-2015, 04:01 AM -
Just a preview of the related links with groups. The first results Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gks

01-27-2015, 08:13 PM -
And that is the quality of an Excellent Programmer.

Hope it also includes the MOVE-Up/Down feature in 'Manage Related Links' box.

One more point to remind related to consistency of 'Related Links' pop-up, from above discussion ->
If my menu has 4 columns - 'Related links' in 'first' and 'fourth' (last) column are shown on RIGHT-HAND-Side of the menu-item while in 'second' and 'third' column they are shown ABOVE the menu-item
so there should be an option to select the position of 'Related Links' in TLB Settings (ie, the pop-up will appear on Top/bottom/left/right of the menu-itemand even if there is NO option to be selected by the user STILL The Default setting SHOULD WORK CONSISTENTLY FOR ALL THE COLUMNS in the menu