Adjusting Width <<<< Virtual Folder
Started by zpro

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
zpro

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2015
Question  04-14-2015, 05:39 PM -
I have add a virtual folder, however, I can't adjust the width of the main folder and adjust the width of the sub folders...

I have mess around with the with settings.. and still nothing.
So, when I click on the virtual folder Icon, and it displays, the menu items,
and sub menus... they are all easy to read... instead of being cut off.

Undecided Huh

Thanks !
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-14-2015, 09:04 PM -
In True Launch Bar Virtual Folder is visually Menu. So all settings in TLB Settings->Menu and the sizes on the "Sizes" tab. Look the attached screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
zpro

04-14-2015, 09:45 PM -
(04-14-2015, 09:04 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: In True Launch Bar Virtual Folder is visually Menu. So all settings in TLB Settings->Menu and the sizes on the "Sizes" tab. Look the attached screenshot.

Um, yeah.. that already work for the others...
but, does not work on a virtual folder.. that's not predefined menu.

All I did, was create a folder on my desktop, and move in some shortcuts,
added a few more folders.. place some short cuts into those folders..

now, on the TLB, the virtual folder is there, and it does display the items inside.. however, the names, (if longer..) are cut off. (...)

I was using this virtual folder, as a way to launch application, which are placed into various folders...

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-14-2015, 10:50 PM -
Please can you post the screenshot of your menu here.
Also check the view mode of the menu. Right-click inside the menu and select "View" submenu and check if the "Default" menu item is turned on. See the attached screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
zpro

04-15-2015, 11:50 AM -
(04-14-2015, 10:50 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Please can you post the screenshot of your menu here.
Also check the view mode of the menu. Right-click inside the menu and select "View" submenu and check if the "Default" menu item is turned on. See the attached screenshot.

Hey, selecting the default and hitting refresh, seems to fix it...
it does display the text, without being cut off.

However, as you point out on width in your previous post..you had width set to 300 my is set to 700, all the other items, like RSS feed, and Programs, and Computer, and Uninstall..etc all display larger in width.

the virtual folder does NOW display all text, but it is not as large in width as the others are... FYI... so? don't know if a bug, or a limitation of the software for virtual folders.

Next, <<--
I also have the same problem in Contacts with width..
the display when mousing over is.. okay... but the "pop up" display is way too small in width.. all of the information is cut off.
still can't get contact item to display correctly.

Thanks !!Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-15-2015, 09:45 PM -
Quote:the virtual folder does NOW display all text, but it is not as large in width as the others are... FYI... so? don't know if a bug, or a limitation of the software for virtual folders.
TLB calculates the width of all items and menu will as wide as the most wide item.

BTW. Maybe you don't know, but TLB can show wrap text into some lines:
Option: TLB Settings->Menu->General->Menu items labels word wrap
Number of text lines: TLB Settings->Options->General->Labels text rows

If you don't want the "word wrap" for all menus, you can turn on/off "word wrap" for single menu by right-click inside menu View->Word Wrap

Quote:I also have the same problem in Contacts with width..
the display when mousing over is.. okay... but the "pop up" display is way too small in width.. all of the information is cut off.
still can't get contact item to display correctly.
You can change the width of the popup tips: TLB Settings->Tips->General->Maximum tips width.
The TORDEX Team