solved How to change virtual folder location
Started by steve333

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
steve333

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2015
04-16-2015, 07:28 PM -
Hello and thanks for True Launch Bar! I have just discoved it.
I have set up some menus which link to folders on my desktop each containing a bunch of shortcuts. Now I don't want these folders on my desktop anymore. I can't figure out how to move the folders and inform TLB of their new location...
If someone could help, that would be great!
Thanks
This post was last modified: 04-18-2015, 08:48 PM by Q Section.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-17-2015, 12:38 PM -
TLB does not support relocation of the virtual folder via UI (just recreate the menu). But you can use one small hack:
Right-click the "root" of virtual folder and select "Show in Explorer", enter into opened folder. You can see the file named namespace.fld - actually this is the windows shortcut. You can create the shortcut to any folder, rename it into namespace.fld and replace the file in the opened folder. Then refresh TLB and your virtual folder will be relocated.

Note, the shortcut files have extension .lnk, but Windows does not show this in the Windows Explorer, so you have to use the command line or alternative file manager to rename shortcut into namespace.fld.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
steve333

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2015
04-17-2015, 01:04 PM -
Great, thanks Yuri.
I almost had it right before by following another thread on the forum, but I did not refresh TLB.
All good now