Case Sensitive - Weather Monitor might not give results
Started by bbfi

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-26-2003, 06:39 PM -
I've been testing Weather Monitor for some time now and overall find it to be terrific. Recently, I noticed a problem that can cause no weather readouts. The problem appears that Weather Monitor is case sensitive. For instance, you have one of the parameters in the Providers .ini file set to read -
[Temperature]
unit = F
find0 = "<b>Temperature</b>"
find1 = "<b>"
delim = "<"

since this is the way the weather source has their page written. One day they write it with <B>Temperature</B> instead. Weather Monitor will not display the temperature since it considers <b>Temperature</b> to be the reference for temperature.

I found this out when viewing my Weather Monitor this morning. I noticed that their was no humidity shown. I went to their page and the humidity was shown. After checking my Providers .ini file and their page source, the difference was they changed from lower case to upper case for the <b> and </b>.

Therefore, can this problem be corrected by making Weather Monitor case unsensitive? ???

Yuri, I posted this is in the wrong place, it should have been in the plugins section. Could you move it there? :0