.Take over the taskbar too - Implement taskbar grouping as on WinXP
Started by svenax

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
svenax

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2003
03-10-2003, 01:12 AM -
I've been using True Launch Bar for a few months now, and I really love it! But I'd love it even more if it could take over the task bar too and give me the kind of button grouping we have in WinXP. Needless to say, I'm using Win2k and have no desire to switch. There is an extension that does this that I tried to use a long time ago, but it was very crash-prone and hasn't been updated in years. Have a look here: Taskbar Executive. Thanks for a great program!
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-10-2003, 06:36 AM -
There are plans to develop a task-switching plugin in the works.
mark76uk

111 posts 17 threads Joined: Feb 2003
04-10-2003, 11:24 AM -
I'd like to see a 'take over taskbar' feature with multi-monitor support (probably asking too much, I guess.)

Having just got a second monitor, I've been testing utilities which create a seperate taskbar for monitor 2.
Rather than all been mixed together, applications now only appear on the taskbar of the monitor which they are active on.

??? Disappointingly, these utilities use faux taskbars which do not dock in that nice True Launch Bar way.
Anyhow.. Mark Smile

Contenders so far:
Ultramon ($40!! ???)
MultiMonitor (free)
Anyone know any alternatives?

06-03-2003, 07:20 PM -
I'd also like to see TLB take over the taskbar but I have a different perspective on how this should work.

I run my monitor at 1600x1200 but I need to set the icons in TLB to 32x32 so I can see them better. As such my task bars quickly losing ground to shortcuts, plug-ins and menus. I can only view four running apps at once before the taskbar buttons begin to shrink.

As such, I'd like to see the taskbar display icons only and have arrows which allow the user to scroll through the overflow if there isn't enough room to view all the running apps at once. This would sort fo work like the Mac dock but I think if done correctly it could be better than the dock and the taskbar. WindowsXP task grouping would still work but instead of the number beside the icon, TLB could use 16x16 skinnable overlay badges.