Media Control - skin problems - ...centering seems to be the problem
Started by PsychoMark

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
07-10-2003, 02:13 AM -
I've been working on a Media Control skin (well, actually, I'm just taking the images from Crussader's Bose DMX skin and modifying them a bit, gotta give the man some credit for his excellent work Smile), but it seems there's a problem with the centering code or my skin...

I've attached the image showing the skin, I added little corners to the background picture so I could see how it is positioned. In the top picture you can see it attaches itself to the top of the toolbar, displaying the skin nicely. However, in the bottom picture (which is how my toolbar is normally set) you can see it tries to center the controls, but fails to do so for the media control. Although the skin contains a bit of wasted space at the bottom after I moved everything around, it should still fit on the toolbar and not try to add the margin at the top. Is this a problem with TLB, Media Control, the skin or my settings?
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
07-10-2003, 06:52 AM -
Could you upload your winampctl.ini file so we can take a look at it? Also, are the corner marks on your background right in the corners, or is there a margin between them and the edges?
PsychoMark

07-10-2003, 07:59 AM -
Yes, the corners are right in the corner (otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to add them in the first place Smile)... I left the skin at work, but I'll post the INI tomorrow... nothing special about it though, just specifying BackgroundBitmap/TransparentColor and the rectangles for the title/controls...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-10-2003, 10:54 AM -
What icon sizes you set for toolbar? Try to use more lager icons.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
PsychoMark

07-10-2003, 11:32 PM -
My icons are 32x32, and I'd like to keep it that way. As you can see, if the toolbar grows the plugins tend to dock to the top, which looks horrible. I'll try to reduce the skin size, though I still think it should just fit in that space instead of adding the margin. I've attached the skin for those interested in trying out...
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
07-11-2003, 06:09 AM -
Try shaving about 5 pixels off the bottom of your background image. It's not being used anyway, and I think it might be just slightly too big to position the way you want it.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-11-2003, 01:37 PM -
PsychoMark Wrote:Yes, the corners are right in the corner (otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to add them in the first place Smile)... I left the skin at work, but I'll post the INI tomorrow... nothing special about it though, just specifying BackgroundBitmap/TransparentColor and the rectangles for the title/controls...
OK, in the next version I'll make valid layout for this situation.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
PsychoMark

07-13-2003, 11:28 PM -
shapeshifter Wrote:Try shaving about 5 pixels off the bottom of your background image. It's not being used anyway, and I think it might be just slightly too big to position the way you want it.
Tried that, made it even worse...

Quote:OK, in the next version I'll make valid layout for this situation.

Thanks a lot Smile