Future versions - lots of ideas with examples
Started by IceCaveman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
07-13-2003, 04:58 AM -
I know some of these requests are impossible, others will be difficult but still they would look pretty cool Big Grin

- Perhaps check boxes on some customized menus like music folders so you could check on what to select and then keep a run selected button on the bottom of the menu or somewhere as I have double click on a media file as queue it up but not play instantly so doing this I could select files for my windows media playlist.
- and then related, run selected item with hot-key without closing the menu ( Must have for users with TV Mode menus to run with programmable controllers )

- I would like to have more options for views, like customize thumbnails. show text only on folder icons but not other picture thumbnails.

- As you see on the screenshot included where the mouse pointer is ( Over entertainment seperator ) it would be beautiful to make it change color when hovered so I could have a nice little blue effect.
IceCaveman

07-13-2003, 05:03 AM -
We have already disscussed this one and you told you were going to do it sometime, something similar as seen from KDE.
Just to show people what I am talking about I include picture.

On the left side you see just usual menu but when clicked on button "a" it will get free from the menu and be floated.

Ofcourse on the right side you see how floated menu could look. The left button makes it always on top and the right one closes... ofcourse is should be possible to drag it arround as usual windows.

Another thing. when having lot of sub menus on low res monitors or huge fonts like I have in "TV Mode" they ofcourse get kind of weird. it would be nice if there were possibility to make for example the first menu dissapear when the 3 appears instead of growing them side by side, perhaps customizable number of submenus to display before making root menus disapear. I know that's crazy to ask for but I'm just dreaming
IceCaveman

07-13-2003, 05:06 AM -
I could go on all day like this Smile but I know you are busy and won't even have time to think about this any time soon.
Good work Yuri. I can't understand why TLB is not installed on every PC