Command-Line 2.0 Plugin Bugs - New Bugs in New Version of Plugin
Started by agapeincognito

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
agapeincognito

14 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2003
10-16-2003, 01:43 PM -
After installing the newly released 2.0 version of the Command-Line Plugin, the Explorer crashing and other bugs no longer exist. However, I am experiencing the following new bugs (at least new to me):

(1) The Hotkey for the plugin will NOT clear (neither from the plugin properties NOR from the TLB Settings > Hotkeys section)

(2) The Hotkey for the plugin doesn't seem to work. I have tried various CTRL and CTRL+SHIFT with letter/number combinations, none of which work (I don't like overriding WINS shortcut keys, so I didn't try that, especially since I can't clear it)

(3) The only way to use the Auto-Hide feature seems to be with the shortcut key. However, since I couldn't get that to work, the only way I could gain access was to open up the Quick Launch folder, manually delete the command-line plugin, then create a new one. I would recommend a small arrow or side line or something that allows cursor access to the hidden bar as well.

(4) Sorry, this is more of a personal preference you can ignore if you like: It is difficult to correctly grab the Command-Line Bar to drag to another spot on the toolbar. Perhaps adding a slightly thicker left or right edge would provide a little easier access (without disturbing the nice appearance of the bar).

I am running Windows XP Prof SP1, using TLB 2.2.0.7 Beta with Command-Line plugin ver 2.0. The only other plugin I am using is the Spacer.

Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-16-2003, 03:07 PM -
1) To delete the hotkey, press and release one of the modifier keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, or Win) in the hotkey field. When you release, it should revert back to none and clear from the TLB Settings > Hotkeys list (it does on my system - see specs below). I agree that there should be a more intuitive way to accomplish this. Maybe a "Clear" button next to the hotkey field?

2) Verified in both taskbar and menu configurations.

3) If by "shortcut key" you mean hotkey, verified. Otherwise, please elaborate.

4) This can be done by creating or altering a skin. Let me know if you need further help with this.

5) Usually, the people who can help you solve your problems read ALL new posts, regardless of where they are posted, so there is no need to cross-post.
WinXP Pro (5.1.2600) SP1 TLB 3.0 IE 6.0.2800.1106 Shell 6.0.2800.1106
Command Line 3.3.0.0 Process Viewer 2.0.0.0 Calculator 1.0.0.0
Weather Forecast 1.0.0.0 Media Control 4.0.0.0 Volume Control 2.1.0.0
Net Monitor 1.4.0.0 Up Time 2.1.0.0 System Monitor 2.4.0.0
Drive Space 2.3.0.0 Mail Monitor 1.9.9.0 TLB Clock 1.3.0.0
agapeincognito

10-17-2003, 05:36 AM -
(1 - 2) Very odd. Since it worked for you, I just kept trying different things (uninstalling-reinstalling, installing twice, etc.) and restarting. After the 7th install and restart, it finally worked. I'm not sure I understand why it took that many attempts, but I'm glad it's working. Is there some way I could have installed it wrong?

(3) Not sure what you mean by verified here. I assume you are just saying "Yes, Hotkeys are the only way to un-hide it right now..."

(4) Yes, if you could direct me appropriately that would be great. Otherwise, I'll search around the site and see what I can learn about skinning. I didn't realize that's what would need to be done.

Thanks for your help.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-17-2003, 06:19 AM -
2) I was saying "verified" that I could not get hotkeys to work, either. In other words, I was verifying your bug report. Sorry for the confusion.

3) "Yes, Hotkeys are the only way to un-hide it right now..."
... that I can see.

4) I can make a skin for you, if you'd like. Just let me know what you want it to look like. One of the skins that comes with the plugin? Do you want it to match a particular visual style or theme (I would need a screenshot for these)? Or do you leave it up to me? Big Grin
To help you do it yourself if you'd prefer, you can find the ini file in your %TrueLaunchBar%\Plugins\cmdline\skins\(SkinName)\ directory; the file name is cmdlineskin.ini. The [options] section should be pretty self explanitory. Note though that the name you give your skin here is the name that shows up in Command Line's properties dialog box when selecting a skin. Here are some brief explanations of the [cmdline] section:

background = <filename.png>
Specifies the background image for the plugin
sizingMargins = <left right top bottom>
Specifies how many pixels in from each edge should not be stretched when resizing the plugin.
editMargins = <left right top bottom>
Defines the boundries for the edit box. Like the sizingMargins, this is specified as pixels in from the corresponding edge of the plugin. This also defines how big the dragging edges will be (any plugin space that is not the edit box is dragable).
textColor = <R G B>
Defines the text color. Values are 8 bit base 10 (0-255) for red green and blue.

And that's it. Not a lot to these...
agapeincognito

10-20-2003, 03:02 PM -
Thanks alot Shapeshifter! You actually gave me enough info on the skinning to get me started. If I can't accomplish exactly what I want though, I will definitely look you up for help!
agapeincognito

10-20-2003, 03:08 PM -
Funny, as to (2) it looks like it works intermittently.

Recap: I misunderstood your initial meaning of verified, so assuming it should work, I did the multiple re-installs as I mentioned and got it to actually work. You then clarified that you meant that you verified it DID NOT work correctly in your subsequent post. What is odd, is that the next time I rebooted, it no longer worked again, so there is something intermittently different that is causing it not to work. Can't figure out what...