More Information: http://www.truelaunchbar.com/beta/
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-04-2004, 04:56 PM -
Addition:
Also StartKiller v2.3 has been released.
You must install this version if what TLB control the WIN logo key Wink
The TORDEX Team
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-04-2004, 08:38 PM -
Hello Yuri
We have just attempted to obtain the latest version using the 'Check for updates' button. The installer got part way through and an error appeared saying Error 5 - unable to delete C:\Windows\System\unicows.dll.

We tried the 'retry' button many times and then clicked on the ignore button. The upgrade continued and finished. It asked for a re-boot which we did and upon start-up we find we have v 2.2.0.15 RC2 installed.

There does not appear to be any other problems except the previous problem with the tooltip for the System Monitor is still present. It displays across the full two monitor width. It is a minor consideration as we do not use the tooltip for this plug-in often.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
corny

94 posts 18 threads Joined: Mar 2003
02-05-2004, 01:24 AM -
Thanks for these new versions, I installed both TLB and StartKiller.

Some comments:
- Keyboard navigating has indeed been improved, but sometimes it seems that a menuitem stays selected when pressing the first letter and there are more items. I'll try to find out the situations.
- Accelerators aren't working (although the option in TLB settings is enabled), it seems TLB reacts only to the first letter of each shortcut. Microsoft Powerpoint and Paint both don't react on pressing P, but Powerpoint is selected by 'M' and Paint by '&'
- Keyboard navigating can be further improved by automatically open a submenu from a folder, when the only item in a folder is that submenu. For example, I have a folder "DHV" in my startmenu, which is the only folder starting with D. When pressing 'D', the folder is opened. However, when there is only one subfolder in this folder, this isn't automatically opened now.
- I can see that the startmenu is disabled, when I select the option in StartKiller. However, I'm not able to open my own startmenu which has the Win-key assigned as hotkey. Nothing seems to happen.
:0 Don't know what happened, but now this is working...
- The bug with disable tips is indeed fixed, thanks!
Kind regards,
Cornelis

WinXP Pro#5.1.2600.SP2 IE#7.0.5730.11 Shell#6.0.2900.3051
TLB#4.1.6 RC1 StartKiller#2.3
Add Or Remove Programs#1.0.0.0 Batch Run#1.0.0.0 CommandLine#3.6.0.0 Device Manager#1.0.0.0 NetMonitor#1.5.0.0 Service Manager#1.0.0.0 TurnOffComputer#2.6.0.0
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-05-2004, 09:30 AM -
Quote:Accelerators aren't working (although the option in TLB settings is enabled), it seems TLB reacts only to the first letter of each shortcut. Microsoft Powerpoint and Paint both don't react on pressing P, but Powerpoint is selected by 'M' and Paint by '&'
You need press ALT+P if Microsoft Powerpoint.

Quote:Keyboard navigating can be further improved by automatically open a submenu from a folder, when the only item in a folder is that submenu. For example, I have a folder "DHV" in my startmenu, which is the only folder starting with D. When pressing 'D', the folder is opened. However, when there is only one subfolder in this folder, this isn't automatically opened now
This feature is released. It does not working?
The TORDEX Team
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-05-2004, 11:34 AM -
Quote:Addition:
Also StartKiller v2.3 has been released.
You must install this version if what TLB control the WIN logo key
Also, from Startkiller page
Quote:* Start Killer can open True Launch Bar menu instead Start menu.

If I press the WIN key or CTRL+ESC, nothing happens. I checked the Disable Start Menu in Startkiller 2.3. What am I doing wrong? ???

Just noticed that Corny has same problem.

Quote:* Added context help into TLB Settings dialog box
Can't find any help. ???
bbfi

02-05-2004, 02:56 PM -
Quote:If I press the WIN key or CTRL+ESC, nothing happens. I checked the Disable Start Menu in Startkiller 2.3. What am I doing wrong?
I found out what I was doing wrong. I had to go into Other options in TLB Settings and check the Process WIN key box. Wink

Great Feature Yuri. I did not like the Windows Start Menu at all after using TLB. Thanks. Big Grin

I'm still confused about the Added context help into TLB Settings dialog box. ???
corny

02-05-2004, 11:18 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Accelerators aren't working (although the option in TLB settings is enabled), it seems TLB reacts only to the first letter of each shortcut. Microsoft Powerpoint and Paint both don't react on pressing P, but Powerpoint is selected by 'M' and Paint by '&'
You need press ALT+P if Microsoft Powerpoint.

Yes, that works. But what about menu's in Microsoft Word, where pressing the letter which is accelerated, is enough to open that item? I've been thinking until now that the accelerators were only used to define the letter to use, but that there's no need to press the ALT-key with it.

Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Keyboard navigating can be further improved by automatically open a submenu from a folder, when the only item in a folder is that submenu. For example, I have a folder "DHV" in my startmenu, which is the only folder starting with D. When pressing 'D', the folder is opened. However, when there is only one subfolder in this folder, this isn't automatically opened now
This feature is released. It does not working?

No. The first level is automatically expanded, but the second one isn't.
Kind regards,
Cornelis

Add Or Remove Programs#1.0.0.0 Batch Run#1.0.0.0 CommandLine#3.6.0.0 Device Manager#1.0.0.0 NetMonitor#1.5.0.0 Service Manager#1.0.0.0 TurnOffComputer#2.6.0.0
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
02-06-2004, 12:25 AM -
Great to see you've been working on it Yuri Smile. I have to agree with corny though, accelerators should work (or at least have an option to work) without pressing Alt...

As for the Windows key: excellent!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-06-2004, 05:04 AM -
QSection
OK now I've reproduced the bug with wide tooltips. This appear only on Windows 98 systems. In the next version I'll fix this bug.

bbfi
Quote:I'm still confused about the Added context help into TLB Settings dialog box.
Press F1 when or press the "?" button near Close button of dialog and point to any option to get context help.

corny
Quote:No. The first level is automatically expanded, but the second one isn't.
I do not understand clearly Sad TLB works this way:
* You type the beginning of item name
* When TLB found there are only one item that can be selected and this is menu TLB opens menu

What second level it must open?

Quote:Yes, that works. But what about menu's in Microsoft Word, where pressing the letter which is accelerated, is enough to open that item? I've been thinking until now that the accelerators were only used to define the letter to use, but that there's no need to press the ALT-key with it.
PsychoMark
Quote:I have to agree with corny though, accelerators should work (or at least have an option to work) without pressing Alt...
Yes MS Word menu works without ALT. But in case of TLB there can be unexpected behaviour: TLB select items by first typed chars. ALT+key is standard Windows behaviour for accelerators in dialogs.
The TORDEX Team
corny

02-06-2004, 05:34 AM -
Quote:corny
Quote:No. The first level is automatically expanded, but the second one isn't.
I do not understand clearly <!--emo&Sad TLB works this way:
* You type the beginning of item name
* When TLB found there are only one item that can be selected and this is menu TLB opens menu

What second level it must open?

See attached image. In this situation, the folder CAI can be opened automatically, because there are no other items in the DHV folder available.

Quote:Yes MS Word menu works without ALT. But in case of TLB there can be unexpected behaviour: TLB select items by first typed chars. ALT+key is standard Windows behaviour for accelerators in dialogs.

I've created several applications with Borland C++ Builder, but the accelerators I've defined also work without the ALT key. Isn't it possible after you've captured the keypress to:
1st: check if there's an accelerated key for this keypress, and if not
2nd: check if there's an item starting with the pressed key?

IMHO, you're currently processing the 2nd item only when ALT key isn't pressed, and only processing the 1st item when ALT key is pressed.
Kind regards,
Cornelis

corny

02-06-2004, 06:12 AM -
Yet another little bug: I've commandline plugin in a separate toolbar. Using startkiller, and also processing Winkey in this toolbar. Hotkey for the plugin is Win+R, but pressing Win+R opens the default Windows Run dialog.
Kind regards,
Cornelis

Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-06-2004, 06:58 AM -
Quote:QSection
OK now I've reproduced the bug with wide tooltips. This appear only on Windows 98 systems. In the next version I'll fix this bug.
Thank you Yuri!
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
bbfi

02-06-2004, 10:24 AM -
Quote:Press F1 when or press the "?" button near Close button of dialog and point to any option to get context help.
Thanks Yuri. Big Grin
bbfi

02-06-2004, 12:24 PM -
Quote:* Move some buttons to the right side of toolbar
What do you mean by this? And how is this accomplished? ???