Menu navigation with mouse wheel
Started by shapeshifter

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
02-22-2004, 04:56 PM -
I have a suggestion to enhance the ease of menu navigation using the mouse wheel. Currently, If a menu is larger than the screen, I can scroll up or down with my mouse wheel. However, if I hover over a submenu, that menu opens and takes the focus, and the mousewheel no longer scrolls the main menu. My suggestion is to have the mouse wheel only scroll the menu under the mouse, which is not necesarily the active menu (returning focus to the main menu and closing the submenu, if necesary). This seems like a more intuitive behavior. If I'm scrolling through a menu, I would have the mouse in that menu, ready to click on the item when I find it.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-23-2004, 06:52 PM -
OK, I'll try to make this.
As I see the default Windows behaviour - wheel processed by top window. I'm not sure this is correct Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
02-25-2004, 12:50 AM -
I know my Logitech uses the window under the cursor to scroll, but it might be a setting, or different drivers causing that behaviour by default... I'm most comfortable with the "window under cursor" scrolling, so that would be a nice feature indeed...
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
02-25-2004, 01:02 AM -
I have an MS Intellimouse Explorer, your suggestion got me thinking that this might be linked to the X-Mouse behavior you can modify through TweakUI.

Well, I can inform you, X-Mouse settings for an MS mouse don't alter TLB's behaviour.

I can't vouch for Logitech drivers, as I've always had an MS mouse. But I susupect it *is* a driver feature...
Back once again...