Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-15-2004, 04:20 PM -
True Launch Bar v2.2.0.16 RC3 has been released.

What's new:
* Improved "auto popup first level menus" options
* "Hide toolbar title" option now is non-global
* Creating Virtual Folders inside other Virtual Folders using context menu and drag&drop
* Tooltip ON/OFF per item
* Custom submenu open delay time

Fixed:
* Max menu width does not woks at all
* Icons substitutes for shell32.dll works incorrectly if new file does not exists
* Dragging titles removes the text of title
* TLB can crash on file deleting
* Mouse click discards if you click tooltip
* "Set Image" option is not avialable for Virtual Folders
* Incorrect theme for >> button on vertical toolbar
* Tooltip on System Monitor is too wide (Windows 98)
* Folders with extension show incorrectly
* "Mannage toolbar" menu item does not open Toolbars tab
* Resource leaks when using shadows under menu on Windows 2000
* Incorrect minimum and the best size of vertical toolbar
* The best size of horizontal toolbar with some rows is incorrect
* Some minor bug fixed

Download
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-15-2004, 04:53 PM -
Congratulations on a new version! The former problem of the tooltip for System Monitor being too wide is now (of course) fixed. See below. The ToDo plugin works well also.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
STi Sev

63 posts 13 threads Joined: Aug 2003
03-15-2004, 05:26 PM -
Recycle bin refresh bug still confirming on seven computers (demo & registered versions)

[Image: refresh.JPG]
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-15-2004, 06:29 PM -
Great, many things to try Smile
The LiveUpdate installer is a bit weird though... I terminated explorer.exe before updating TLB, and still it complained about system files that were in use (and reboot required), which is rubbish Wink I ignored that and simply launched explorer.exe again and the latest TLB version was there...

Quote:* Creating Virtual Folders inside other Virtual Folders using context menu and drag&drop

I've been playing with this one...
* Dragging "Control Panel" into "My Computer" (both virtual folders), nothing happened at all
* Dragging "Control Panel" into "My Documents" resulted in a new folder entry in "My Documents" named "Control Panel" containing a namespace.fld file
* Dragging "My Documents" into "My Documents" resulted in some scary unpainted (mostly black) window, and then the entire folder was gone! I had dragged the folder off the main toolbar, onto itself, so it got somehow swallowed by itself... Wink
* Choosing "New" inside "My Computer" only gave me the options Title and Separator...
* Choosing "New" inside "My Documents" allowed me to create a virtual folder inside "My Documents" and this worked fine!

So, in conclusion, some folders seem to be 'more' virtual than others...

Virtual TLB folders that are mapped to physical Windows folders (like "My Documents" or "Program Files") can contain another virtual folder entry, but not by dragging it into it...

Virtual TLB folders that are mapped to virtual Windows folders (like "Network connections" and "My computer") cannot contain another virtual folder...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-15-2004, 08:39 PM -
Well, this time I did a sneaky one... I downloaded TLB and ToDo, and then killed all my explorer processes. Then, from Task Manager, I ran the TLB install, and then the ToDo install, and finally restarted explorer, and everything worked fine. No reboot needed! Big Grin

I found a bug, too. Moving titles does indeed preserve the text, but it doesn't take colour attributes with it Sad
Back once again...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-16-2004, 06:11 AM -
Dracula
I must tell about how TLB makes virtual folders inside others VF. This feature is related with expanding shortcuts to folders. So when you drag menu by right button then TLB creates shortcut to folder and reset the "Do not expand" option. So it it impossible to create virtual folder inside My Computer, Printers and other folders that not in file system.

On the other hands namespace.fld file must not be created. Do you drag folder from explorer or from TLB?

HorusUK
Quote:I found a bug, too. Moving titles does indeed preserve the text, but it doesn't take colour attributes with it
Will be fixed, thank you.

STi Sev
Quote:Recycle bin refresh bug still confirming on seven computers (demo & registered versions)
Strange Sad I cannot reproduce this. Do you use some software to tweak UI?
The TORDEX Team
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-16-2004, 03:53 PM -
Quote:So when you drag menu by right button then TLB creates shortcut to folder and reset the "Do not expand" option. So it it impossible to create virtual folder inside My Computer, Printers and other folders that not in file system.

Ok, so my observation was the correct behaviour, right? Virtual folders inside virtual folders only applies to virtual TLB folders that are mapped to actual Windows (file system) folders.... Well, that's ok with me Smile

I was trying to get "Control Panel" inside "My Computer" because it's also there when I double-click on "My Computer" on the Windows desktop...

I noticed that the virtual folder is in fact a shortcut that is created inside the target Windows folder... wouldn't it be much cleaner to store these shortcuts inside the quicklaunch folder... together with the namespace.fld file?

Take this example: "Control Panel" inside "My Documents"... it now creates:
"D:\My Documents\Control Panel.lnk"
where it would be really better to create:
"C:\Documents and settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quicklaunch\My Documents\Control Panel.lnk"

Quote:On the other hands namespace.fld file must not be created. Do you drag folder from explorer or from TLB?

Hehe, no, not from explorer, I can imagine that will never work Wink

I start with "Control Panel" and "My Documents" icon next to each other on the main toolbar. Then I drag "Control Panel" into "My Documents"... As described above, it creates only a plain folder containing a namespace.fld file.

I can create "Control Panel" by choosing New -> Menu inside "My Documents", and this will work properly...
However I tried dragging this folder back to the main toolbar, and the first time explorer.exe disappeared and restarted. And the next time (yeah, I didn't give up Wink) only a plain shortcut to the actual Control Panel was created on the main toolbar... it was no longer an expandable menu...

Aargh, this is so complex to understand, I wouldn't even dare to look at the code! :p
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-16-2004, 04:46 PM -
Quote:ake this example: "Control Panel" inside "My Documents"... it now creates:
"D:\My Documents\Control Panel.lnk"
where it would be really better to create:
"C:\Documents and settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quicklaunch\My Documents\Control Panel.lnk"
Maybe better but what to do if you create Control Panel inside "My Documents\somefolder"? TLB must recreate folders structure in toolbar folder - this is not good by my mind.

Quote:Hehe, no, not from explorer, I can imagine that will never work
Hmm Sad all works fine on my systems. I can create VFinVF using drag&drop. Please can you backup toolbar and send it to me, I'll test in your configuration. Also maybe I'll found the folders theme problems in menu that I cannot reproduce too.
The TORDEX Team
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-16-2004, 06:56 PM -
Quote:Now TLB supports improved tips. TLB show icon in tips and supports simple formatting of text. Moreover now you can change description for any button on TLB. To create tips with formatting you must right-click button Select Appearance submenu and click Change Description menu item. Now you can enter text. You can use some of HTML tags to format your text.
Trying every option for context menus for plugins we cannot see any "Change Description" menu item after clicking Appearance.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

03-16-2004, 07:09 PM -
The above is for the Network Monitor. We have found the "Change Description" on other folder options.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-16-2004, 07:26 PM -
Quote:The above is for the Network Monitor. We have found the "Change Description" on other folder options.

I think this has to be implemented individually for each of the plugins (i.e. in a new plugin version), not just global code in TLB. Mail monitor is the same way, as is, I'm sure, a few others.