Sorting the icons on the taskbar?
Started by BMStroh

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
BMStroh

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2004
04-29-2004, 10:11 AM -
I'm running the TLB demo (so please don't refer me to the 'YOU STINKING PIRATE!' post) and I can't seem to reorder the buttons on the taskbar.

I can build menus, sort them however I want, manually drag 'n drop to reorder, whatever. But I can't seem to persuade the taskbar icons to do anything except alphabetical order. I've even exited TLB, and reordered things in the XML file, but it put them back as soon as I turned TLB back on.

If I rename the shortcuts, they'll reorder alphabetically, but then my menu titles have a sortkey at the beginning of them.

I'm probably just missing something obvious, so I'd appreciate any advice. I'm working on replacing my H-Menu toolbars and my WinKey shortcut keys with TLB.
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
04-29-2004, 02:44 PM -
I assume you mean you cannot re-arrange the menu and shortcut icons on the main toolbar itself ("taskbar icons" isn't very descriptive)...

Right-click on an empty spot on your True Launch Bar and open the Arrange icons by submenu. Make sure that auto-arrange is NOT checked.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else that could cause this problem...

Btw, in an attempt to reproduce this, I sorted the toolbar by name, but it is really annoying that the icons keep disappearing while re-arranging them back to the original location... I had to resize the taskbar after every drag operation in order to get the icons repainted... :angry:
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
cmishima

347 posts 138 threads Joined: Jun 2001
04-29-2004, 03:54 PM -
If you BACKUP the True Launch Bar before testing such things as sorting etc it easy to put them back into their original order. Dragging in not necessary just restore.

See Backup and Restore True Launch Bar
Please read the True Launch Bar FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
04-29-2004, 04:18 PM -
I think Dracula is reffering to an unfortunate "feature" of 2.2.0.18 RC3 that causes this issue. As discussed in this thread, but reproducing this bug is another story!

In the next RC, I'm sure this will have been addressed.
Back once again...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-01-2004, 01:55 AM -
Dracula was right. In any case when somebody cannot rearrange icons the auto-arrange option have been checked.

Quote:In the next RC, I'm sure this will have been addressed.
Next will be RELEASE Wink and yes, the bug with icons disappearing will be fixed.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
05-01-2004, 03:51 AM -
cmishima Wrote:If you BACKUP the True Launch Bar before testing such things as sorting etc it easy to put them back into their original order. Dragging in not necessary just restore.
Indeed, I keep forgetting about the backup and restore feature... Thanks for the tip Wink
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta