Getting An Install Error - with every version
Started by Svperstarr

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Svperstarr

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2001
12-04-2001, 07:29 AM -
When I run the install for True Launch (multiple versions) i get the following error:

[Image: truelauncherror.jpg]

i'm running windows 95 (work computer) and have no quicklaunch installed so i need this badly. anyone know why i am getting this error? i just click ignore but once install is done and i restart the true launch bar isn't there.

anyway, any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Centaur

9 posts 3 threads Joined: Oct 2001
12-04-2001, 09:49 AM -
Is Internet Explorer 4 or higher, with Shell Update, installed on your computer?
Svperstarr

12-04-2001, 01:19 PM -
i am running internet explorer 5.5... how do i or can i tell if shell update is installed?
Ustas

220 posts 9 threads Joined: Jun 2001
12-04-2001, 02:25 PM -
If you do not have quicklaunch - you do not have shell update. Uninstall IE5, install IE4 with integrated shell (shell update, or Active Desktop), install IE5 again. After these steps you can use True Launch Bar.
Yuri Kobets
TrueSoft - Software for You
http://www.tsoftcentral.com
Svperstarr

12-04-2001, 02:33 PM -
if i have to do all of that then why do i need true launch bar? I think you guys need to state that somewhere on your site because there is no doubt in my mind that most 95 users without quick launch installed were just looking for an alternative instead of an add on. i myself wasted my time by downloading and trying to install your product just to find out that it didn't work without the shell... and the only reason i downloaded it in the first place is because i didn't have quick launch. i've seen your product, and it's not that impressive, especially for all of that trouble.

like i said, maybe if your site said somewhere plainly that the shell is needed and that this was an enhancement rather than an alternative i could have saved myself a lot of time and your software wouldn't be on my Fail list.
Eric J Johnson

193 posts 25 threads Joined: Jun 2001
12-04-2001, 02:49 PM -
Taken from the truelaunchbar.com front page:

System requirement:
True Launch Bar can be installed on Windowsâ„¢ 9x/Me/2000/NT4. If you run Windowsâ„¢ 95/NT4 you must have Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer installed with integrated shell (Active Desktop).

Smile
Eric J. Johnson|Proud American|GetMeHosted.com|OC-192!
GetMeHosted.com Members Get TrueLaunchBar @ OVER 50% Off!
Support the American Red Cross: Click Here to donate
Eric J Johnson

12-04-2001, 02:56 PM -
Would just like to add, this is not a "enhancement" to quick launch. It is a "alternative" to quick launch.
It install just fine and is a GREAT "Can not live without" feature (if your system meets the requirements listed on the front page (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.com">www.truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- w -->)).

Do not get upset because you can not install it at work,
and go off on TrueSoft because you failed to read/understand the system requirements.

Smile

If you can not tell from this, I would be lost without True Launch Bar..
It helps me so much in running my business and staying organized..

(Edited by Eric J Johnson at 10:57 am on Dec. 4, 2001)
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
12-04-2001, 03:30 PM -
Quote:Quote: from Svperstarr on 3:33 pm on Dec. 4, 2001
if i have to do all of that then why do i need true launch bar? I think you guys need to state that somewhere on your site because there is no doubt in my mind that most 95 users without quick launch installed were just looking for an alternative instead of an add on. i myself wasted my time by downloading and trying to install your product just to find out that it didn't work without the shell... and the only reason i downloaded it in the first place is because i didn't have quick launch. i've seen your product, and it's not that impressive, especially for all of that trouble.

like i said, maybe if your site said somewhere plainly that the shell is needed and that this was an enhancement rather than an alternative i could have saved myself a lot of time and your software wouldn't be on my Fail list.
Well I would think that somebody who is *still* using Windows 95 would not be making such derogatory remarks about a product he hasn't even tried. Seems to me you might want to practise using Windows a bit more before coming up with dumb comments like that.

Did you even bother to check the FAQ?
Svperstarr

12-05-2001, 08:30 AM -
doug... hey jackass, it's a work computer. and i did try the product and have "seen it in action" and like i said, it's pretty unimpressive.
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
12-05-2001, 08:40 AM -
he he - Aw stop it your gonna hurt my feelings.
Eric J Johnson

12-05-2001, 11:33 AM -
Quote:Quote: from Svperstarr on 9:30 am on Dec. 5, 2001
doug... hey jackass, it's a work computer. and i did try the product and have "seen it in action" and like i said, it's pretty unimpressive.

If you could not instal it, how can you say "it's pretty unimpressive"?

Do you mind if I ask your age?
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
12-05-2001, 02:32 PM -
I agree with Eric. If you don't like the product ok, move on. Arguing with everybody is just wasting your time. Maybe as Eric thinks you’re just a bored kid trolling with nothing else to do. If you can’t be constructive we are not interested in having you around.

Doug’s got it right - Windows 95 is not a suitable work environment anymore, get an upgrade and study some more before shooting your mouth off.