mouse postioning ability - postion mouse on screen
Started by Blodger

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Blodger

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2004
07-27-2004, 09:44 PM -
I think it would be helpful to be able to send the mouse to settable X,Y postions on the screen to save on mouse sliding.
Easiest would be to be able to set each button on 2 postions:
1)default ---(acts normally)
2)Use X'Y Postion (x) (y)

when the button is clicked, it would jump to the screen postion and open the folder(or vice versa).

Ideally you would have other window intelligent options like:
3) Jump to opening window windowbar
4) Jump to center of opening window

If you had this function, you could even set HIDDEN BUTTONS in TLBars or folders there in, and Hot Key them to ,say Jump
between your True Lanch bar on the top of the screen and the one on bottom of screen easier, and any other for that matter.
You'ld want it to be fast too, not have to load and run a file to do it.

Blodger TakenOneToTheHead
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
07-28-2004, 05:06 AM -
I'm not understanding what you mean here. Can you define what you mean by "button"? Mouse button? Menu button? Keyboard button?
Blodger

07-28-2004, 12:23 PM -
My buddy assured me this idea was dumb as it would effect the mouse positioning on the mousepad. I don't know how to remove my previous posting.
He pointed out that what I really might want is the ability to step thru Tru Launch Bar Menus with the keyboard.
Something like :
LEFT and RIGHT ARROWS(on keyboard) step selection box on a True launch Bar left and right through items, and navigate thru items in a menu.

UP and DOWN ARROWS(on keyboard) step from one true launch bar to another, through all true launch bars on desktop(or in that virtual desktop)

ENTER Button Opens the menu selected(or runs the button ...etc.)
Maybe enable this navigation ability with an alt-key or cntrl-key
macro on keyboard(not sure if it would need to be a plugin or small tool)

This would be similar to the way you can move the selected item
on you desktop through applications with the arrow keys only it would be for True Launch Bars

This might make navigation quicker and easier then a mouse would be(especially if you have a toolbar on the top of the screen and one on the bottom.

My reason for this ... the mouse turns my palm to jello at a point
and I end up with repetative mouse click pain(too much time spent on computer) , and when your using the keyboard extensively(typing) it's just more convenient to navigate using the keyboard.
shapeshifter

07-28-2004, 02:48 PM -
It sounds like you're wanting to extend the recently added arrow key functionality to the toolbars, which I think is a great idea. Maybe have LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, and ENTER be used to navigate inside menus, and CTRL+LEFT and RIGHt be used to navigate to previous/next menu (as they are now), and CTRL+UP and DOWN be used to navigate to the previous/next toolbar. That way, in conjuction with hotkeys, keyboard shortcuts, and start killer trapping the win key, you would be able to navigate to any menu without using the mouse at all.
Blodger

07-28-2004, 08:08 PM -
Yes , Navigation between true launch bars by keyboard would be great. Thanks for the CTR-arrow keyboard commands Shapeshifter!
Don't know how I missed those in the documentation, TLB has just too many good things.
Does the Virtual Desktop Plugin have a macro or CTR-key command to switch between virtual desktops? You could then have multiple toolbars on different screens and easily navigate them quickly via the keyboard.
shapeshifter

08-01-2004, 03:45 PM -
Quote:Does the Virtual Desktop Plugin have a macro or CTR-key command to switch between virtual desktops?

I don't use Virtual Desktop, but I don't believe it does. However, this feature has been suggested and will be in a future version.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-02-2004, 11:37 AM -
I do not thing that navigation using arrows between toolbars is good idea. I plan to make hotkeys to activate toolbar. And also maybe you need to reorganize your toolbar. If you want to work with keyboard only then you can create one (or some) menu on toolbar and move there all your shortcuts and menu. Then you can assign hotkey to this menu and open it using keyboard. Also use accelerators to speedup running. As for me I have 4 menus on toolbars and every menu have hotkey WIN+1, WIN+2 etc. So it is very easy to open and run everything.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com