Started by chrisMITtoph

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
chrisMITtoph

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2003
11-26-2004, 03:11 AM -
Hi,

I like the functionality of the Win XP SP2 Systray Icon however want to use that feature for the one Click Wireless Plugin.

Does anybody know the path?

Chris
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
11-26-2004, 07:18 AM -
It would help if you explained in a bit more detail of what you're trying to achieve, terms like 'the functionality', 'that feature', 'the path' are not very helpful here...

Let's assume you're trying to bring up the Wireless Connection status upon clicking the wireless plugin, here's how this can be done (and this works for any normal network connection as well)...

1) Open the "Network connections" folder from Control Panel
2) Drag the wireless connection to your desktop, and drop it there
3) Move this shortcut from the desktop to its final location (whereever you like)
4) In Wireless Plugin properties select this shortcut in the "Run on click" field
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
11-26-2004, 08:02 AM -
Works beautifully. We did not have anything prior to this as a Run on click.

Just for checking and not meaning to hijack this thread, can anyone check to see if they have a control panel applet called apgui.cpl? We have one and wish we knew what it is but it is listed as 0 bytes and for some reason is empty. It should be found under C:\Documents and Settings\Admin username. Thank you.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
11-26-2004, 10:41 AM -
The few Google results that turned up learned that it's a '802.11 Monitor'...

However, Control Panel applets should be located in "C:\Windows\System32\" and they should definitely be larger than 0 bytes in order to have any useful functionality Wink

FYI, I don't have 'apgui.cpl' in any location. It's probably driver related...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
ACiDbaby

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2005
04-30-2005, 01:32 PM -
The option to hide with no signal is nice, but I would like even more display options. Getting no signal is one thing, but in my case, that usually happens only when I have my wireless device disabled.
  • Requests in regards to disabled wireless device(s):
  • Add skin support.
  • Add to "Hide if no signal", a conditional option, "except if wireless device is disabled".
  • Allow user to define/over-ride skin settings by letting them choose their own image/icon to display.
  • Seperate Run on Click settings: [1] disabled wi-fi device, [2] no signal, [3] connected/default setting.[/list:u]
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
04-30-2005, 02:59 PM -
Hello ACiDbaby
The skins can be created or modified easily for this plugin. Simply look at the skins folder [C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\plugins\wlmon\skins] and give it a try if you have any experience. If not perhaps one of our able skinners can accept a custom request if you have something in mind.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
krad

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2005
12-29-2005, 08:34 PM -
is there a path to the view available wireless networks shortcut we can put when we click on the wireless link. If we can get this to work, i would not in the wireless icon in the systray.