[Help] : Keeping menu open for drag & drop actions.
Started by Guest

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic

12-10-2004, 03:38 PM -
In TLB Help, "Benefits of True Launch Bar," it is stated: "True Launch Bar fully supports Windows' Drag-n-Drop technology. You can easily create new popup menus by simply right-clicking on True Launch Bar and selecting Create menu. Having created the new menu, you can simply drag the shortcuts to this new submenu."

I have menu icons in two different tool bars. I tried to Drag-n-Drop from inside Menu 1 (on Toolbar 1) to Menu 2 (on Toolbar 2), but was not successful. Whith no menus open, I could open Toolbar 1 Menu 1 OK. But, when the mouse hotspot moved onto Toolbar 2, Menu 1 immediately closed. The result was that, no matter what I tried, I was unable to drag an icon out of one menu before the other menu closed.

I probably do not understand TrueSoft's vision of Drag-n-Drop from one menu to another. Therefore, would someone please explain how I should "...drag the shortcuts to this new submenu?"
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-10-2004, 06:35 PM -
The key is that you don't need to have the two menu's open simultaneously...

Just open menu 1 from your example, drag the shortcut/menu you want to move, and navigate to the button of menu 2. You can either drop the item on top of that button, which will put it inside the menu. Or, if you leave the mousecursor over the button of menu 2, it will open automatically and you can navigate further, and drop wherever you like.
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta

12-11-2004, 10:11 AM -
When I have "Show full shell menu" checked in "TLB settings > Context menu," I can Copy an icon from toolbar 1's icon area, but cannot then Paste it into toolbar 2's icon area.

I find the Windows system context menu does not appear unless I right-click over an icon (in either toolbar), but not on a blank icon area. When I right-click Paste over an icon in toolbar 2, the pasting is done INTO the icon. This is an agreeable way to enter an icon or data from toolbar 1 into a menu or program on toolbar 2.

However, if my mission is to copy/paste an icon from toolbar 1's icon area to toolbar 2's icon area, how should I proceed?
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-11-2004, 12:20 PM -
Mr. Noffke, please read more carefully, and avoid posting the same question twice, it's useless...

I believe my previous post answers your question quite accurately, or I completely misunderstand what you want... This picture shows you that it is possible and very easy to drag & drop between two toolbars:

[Image: dragdrop.gif]
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta

12-11-2004, 06:06 PM -
Thanks for your graphics. Sorry for my misconceptions. You are correct that I should read more. I also need to experiment more.

In this case, I determined that Ctl+Drg produces a Copy/Paste between toolbars, which is the question I tried to ask in my second post. I could not find this documented in TLB Help or in the TLB bulletin board.

Ctl+Drg means hold the Control key down while performing a Drag-n-Drop.