TLB in systray...
Started by Les

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Les

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-11-2005, 12:16 AM -
I think it would be very neat if there could be a plugin or an included feature in future versions of TLb which would allow TLB to be displayed in the systray instead of the taskbar. Would such a thing be possible?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-11-2005, 02:14 AM -
why? I do not plan this feature.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
01-11-2005, 04:28 AM -
Huh!? What's the advantage of having a toolbar inside the system tray? I think too many people just submit their wishes 1) without looking at the possibilities already there and 2) without telling the details and the reasons and 3) without thinking about how silly that wish actually is Wink

On the other hand, there could still be two very powerful plugins, and that's rather the contrary of this suggestion:
- System tray plugin, that contains all system tray icons, side-by-side or in a menu.
- Taskbar plugin, that contains all running applications (with a window), again, side-by-side or in a menu (and maybe even submenu's as the equivalent for grouping similar tasks).
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Les

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2005
01-11-2005, 07:35 AM -
I think it would be neat because I, myself, like to do everything from one single small area on the taskbar, that being the systray. It was just a suggestion for an option to give users who don't like a whole lot of clutter on their taskbar, like myself. But, if there is no intention for such a thing, I'll just keep on looking for a systray launcher which will be suitable for what I am looking for. Have a nice day. Big Grin
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-11-2005, 11:03 PM -
With the toolbar title off and one or two buttons opening menus you're not cluttering that much in my opinion... you can resize and position the toolbar next to the system tray easily...

I can only imagine a tray icon with a TLB menu popping up to be useful, though I wouldn't use it... but then again, different people, different needs Smile
pigeon

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2005
04-16-2005, 08:13 PM -
i can see the point in this if you are using a system tray tool like ps tray factory that organizes selected system tray items under one icon. than i could put my tlb menu right next that icon in the system tray and i get a very clean desktop. i´ve been trying to set the position of a tlb menu so that it aligns itself next to the system tray but havn´t succeeded. (IS THIS POSSIBLE PsychoMark?) an alternative would ofcourse be to have a menu in tlb with system tray objects as discussed in this forum...