Started by gavinjb

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
gavinjb

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2005
02-12-2005, 01:38 PM -
Hi,

I have just installed and configured my True Launch Bar, but I am having a problem with Virtual Folders (VF), I have a VF pointing to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.

When I look at this trough True Launch Bar some folders are empty with no shortcuts, but when I look at the folders in Explorer they have shortcuts in them. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,

Gavin,
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-12-2005, 04:13 PM -
Please can you post screenshot of your menu? Also please tell us what is the Windows version do you use. Also what type of your account? Limited or administrative.

As solution try to make virtual folder to C:\Documents and Settings\<your account>\Start Menu\Programs Maybe this will help.

BTW do you see files in EXPLORER window or in Start-.Programs menu?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gavinjb

02-13-2005, 02:34 AM -
Hi,

I am running A Windows XP Home Edition Pc, logged as a Full Admin User, and pointing the Virtual Folders to the User Start Menu Would not work, as I store all my Shortcuts in the All Users area.

Below is a screendump of my Pc, on the Left is one of the folders through the standard Start Menu and on the right is the same through TLB, I have checked in Explorer and all the shortcuts are there for All Users.

Thanks
Gavin,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
02-13-2005, 05:02 AM -
Keep in mind that the 'real' start menu contains shortcuts from two directories (as Yuri already pointed out). These two locations are merged into a single list:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start menu\Programs
AND
C:\Documents and Settings\<account>\Start menu\Programs

Please open an explorer window (so NOT the startmenu) and browse these two directories to see what shortcuts are really there...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-13-2005, 06:15 AM -
Anyway TLB must combine these two folders. Maybe you are using a filters on folder? Or maybe hidden items inside empty folders?
The TORDEX Team
gavinjb

02-13-2005, 06:54 AM -
Hi,

All I have in my "User" Menu is the Accessories and Startup Folders, everything else is located in the All Users Menu (I have checked in Explorer and the items are there, but they are not in TLB).

I have checked to make sure that I have no filters, I have even tried removing the virtual Folder and re-creating it, but have the same problem.
Dracula

02-13-2005, 07:02 AM -
Quote:Anyway TLB must combine these two folders. Maybe you are using a filters on folder? Or maybe hidden items inside empty folders?

Yuri, what are you saying here?
If you create a virtual folder pointing to the Start menu directory for All Users, it already automatically merges the two directories? :?

Anyway, I just created a virtual folder to this directory, and it properly shows all shortcuts, so it works fine... Must be something in your settings, gavinjb...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-13-2005, 08:40 AM -
Dracula Wrote:Yuri, what are you saying here?
If you create a virtual folder pointing to the Start menu directory for All Users, it already automatically merges the two directories? :? gavinjb...

Yes Smile
The TORDEX Team
Dracula

02-13-2005, 10:07 AM -
So you have build in a check for this specific 'Start menu' folder? That's great! This makes it much more useful to create a virtual folder to that directory...

Any other hidden features? Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-13-2005, 02:26 PM -
gavinjb Wrote:I have checked to make sure that I have no filters, I have even tried removing the virtual Folder and re-creating it, but have the same problem.
Strange problem Sad Please try to set the option "Show hidden files" in the TLB Settings->Other options into Always. Maybe files in that folders have hidden or system attributes?

Dracula Wrote:So you have build in a check for this specific 'Start menu' folder? That's great! This makes it much more useful to create a virtual folder to that directory...
This is very old feature Wink

Dracla Wrote:Any other hidden features?
Maybe Wink Some of them can be hidden even from me #-o
The TORDEX Team