no-show
Started by Rik Wessels

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Rik Wessels

7 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2005
03-07-2005, 02:15 PM -
Tried to install True-launchbar again - after having tried it a couple of months ago and promptly uninstalling .

Problem i'm having is this : it doesn't show up , no matter what I do . I've searched the FAQ and forums but sofar have had no luck in figuring out what 's wrong .

I'm running Windows XP-pro ( dutch ) with SP2 and all updates installed and am a staunch user of stardock apps ( windowblinds,cursorXP and iconpackager run all the time ) . However : I've tried unloading windowblinds and iconpackager and still TLB doesn't show up .Besides : from what I've been reading on the forums it should work with windowblinds as well .I'm at a loss here .
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-07-2005, 02:27 PM -
What is "it doesn't show up"? You don't have the "True Launch Bar..." menu item in the Toolbars menu or after selecting this menu item TLB not opens?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Rik Wessels

03-07-2005, 02:42 PM -
The latter : I can select the true-launchbar - item in "new taskbar ", but nothing happens after I do that ( offering small screenshot which shows TLB is present in selection )

I tried to restart after install as well-forgot to mention that - but this doesn't make any difference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-07-2005, 02:45 PM -
What is TLB version?
The TORDEX Team
Rik Wessels

03-07-2005, 02:53 PM -
Version is 3.2 ( the latest one on site - disregarding the beta ) . I need to clear something up though -it must be something in my settings , there's a whole bunch of bars not showing up on clicking them :
- encarta
- stardock virtual desktops
-itunes
etc.

So it's not a TLB-issue as such I think . Don't know what it is though .

This time including a screenshot of taskbar -properties , it's in dutch but the settings are pretty self-evident I think .

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-07-2005, 03:21 PM -
So maybe this topic will help you. There are description of some bad registry keys if you'll find other key let us know Wink
The TORDEX Team
Rik Wessels

03-07-2005, 03:49 PM -
I was just reading that topic and tried to add the "NoSaveSettings" value to see if that woud work.

I doubt I'll find any registry- keys that don't belong in windows , my system is a regular Fort Knox when it comes to altering stuff ( I need to give permission for anything occuring in registry ) , by means of Regrun,Spybot, Spywareblaster etc.

:lol:

here's what is in the policies section of explorer

Could be my security-software is blocking TLB from launching ( and the other bars ) , can't fault it for that though, that's what it's supposed to do .

Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-07-2005, 05:32 PM -
Did you reboot after setting the registry keys mentioned in the other thread?

Quote:Could be my security-software is blocking TLB from launching ( and the other bars ) , can't fault it for that though, that's what it's supposed to do

What security-software are you using? Did you at least give it a try when this security stuff was NOT running? And how can you say its task is to prevent TLB from running? Then why bother installing TLB at all? :?
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Rik Wessels

03-09-2005, 01:50 PM -
Quote:Did you reboot after setting the registry keys mentioned in the other thread?

yes
Quote:What security-software are you using? Did you at least give it a try when this security stuff was NOT running?

pretty much sumed it up in thread and yes tride it ( even prior to this software even being installed ) .
Quote:And how can you say its task is to prevent TLB from running? Then why bother installing TLB at all?

Misquoting or even falsely interpreting what I wrote ; the security - software should prevent any software unwillingly installing itself ( search-bars , spyware etc. )
I suggest you read on various sites how anti-spyware software works prior to posting a reply like this .

Quote:Then why bother installing TLB at all?

I'm beginning to wonder this myself if this sort of replies is a sign of things to come .
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-09-2005, 04:19 PM -
Rik Wessels
BTW Is your computer in the corporate domain? The admin can disable adding toolbars. If no try to play with gpedit.msc in the section
User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Desktop

There are some values that refer to toolbars. Same as make chages into registry but more correctly. Try to set values into disabled/enabled and then again into "not configured". Sometimes this helps.
The TORDEX Team
Rik Wessels

03-10-2005, 08:55 AM -
No it isn't in a domain . I'm going to check all those settings in "safe - mode " though . Point is : I didn't change anything and if any program ( regrun or spybot ) would adjust those settings it would notify me first . It would also ask upon installing TLB if it was allowed , never got any message while installing TLB , which means - for one thing - TLB is most definitely not spyware Smile

My account does have administrative rights , but it might be prudent to login as administrator in this case I think .
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-13-2005, 12:49 PM -
Quote:No it isn't in a domain . I'm going to check all those settings in "safe - mode " though . Point is : I didn't change anything and if any program ( regrun or spybot ) would adjust those settings it would notify me first . It would also ask upon installing TLB if it was allowed , never got any message while installing TLB , which means - for one thing - TLB is most definitely not spyware
Note that if these settings is depends of account. So if "safe-mode" was a different account then this will not help you.

The second thing. One of the program can change these settings. As I know some of "windows optimizers/tweakers etc." like to chage these settings.

And the last. Try to disable protection software for some time befre turning on toolbars. Maybe this helps you.
The TORDEX Team
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-14-2005, 07:01 PM -
Log on as Administrator and then try installing it in the Administrator account. Please let us know what happens.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service