TLB's double right arrows are no longer displayed on toolbar
Started by PaulMcI

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
PaulMcI

5 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2005
05-13-2005, 01:06 PM -
Sorry if this question has been asked before but after trying different things with TLB, I have managed to lose the double right arrows from XP's toolbar and they are no longer displayed.

Also TLB no longer displays vertically up from the toolbar!

I'm sure there is some simple settings I just need to alter in TLB Settings to fix these problems but despite trying many I haven't found them.

To try and restore TLB's default settings I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling TLB but it didn't make a difference!

Please point me to where TLB documents what needs to be removed from XP so that when TLB is reinstalled it reverts back to is default settings (I presume there are Registry settings as well as directories that need to be removed)?

Sorry for all these questions but I am new to TLB but nontheless very impressed with it.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks

PaulMcI
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-13-2005, 01:28 PM -
To reset all setting to default state delete setup.ini from toolbar folder.
To open toolbar folder unlock tackbar right-click empty space of toolbar select "Open".
Note: setup.ini is a hidden file. You must enable to view hidden files in Folder Options from Control Panel.

Menu with double arrows appears only when there are no space on toolbar to show all shortcuts. If you cannot make toolbar smaller check the option:
TLB Settings->Toolbar->Minimum size.

I hope this helps.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
PaulMcI

05-14-2005, 11:10 AM -
> To reset all setting to default state delete setup.ini from toolbar folder.

Did this and then uninstalled TLB.

Rebooted several times for good measure and then re-installed TLB.

No difference - still no double right arrow!

Also, the TLB menu still does not rise up above the toolbar as it did when I first installed it on this PC.

> Menu with double arrows appears only when there are no space on toolbar to show all shortcuts.

Are you sure as I installed it on another of my home PCs and the double right arrow shows and there is plently of space on the toolbar with only the Start button and System Tray on it?

> If you cannot make toolbar smaller check the option:
TLB Settings->Toolbar->Minimum size.

The Min size is 4 which I think is the default as this is what is showing after installing TLB on the other PC.

Are there any registry entries to be removed as well as deletion of the setup.ini and all TLB's .xml files?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

05-14-2005, 01:01 PM -
Quote:Are there any registry entries to be removed as well as deletion of the setup.ini and all TLB's .xml files?
TLB don't save settings in registry.

Please can you post screenshot of your toolbar here? Unlock taskbar before take screenshot.

Also tell me what TLB version do you use.
The TORDEX Team
PaulMcI

05-14-2005, 01:37 PM -
Quote:Please can you post screenshot of your toolbar here? Unlock taskbar before take screenshot.
I have attached a screenshot.

[BTW I have paid but did not bother entering the registration key on re-installing.]

Quote:Also tell me what TLB version do you use.
Version 3.2

FYI, when I installed TLB on this PC a couple of weeks ago it had the 2 right hand arrows on the toolbar until I started experimenting by creating folders and dragging shortcut links onto it. All worked fine for a while before something went wrong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

05-14-2005, 02:00 PM -
You don't have any shortcut there Confusedhock:
Click the "Open" in the menu that on screenshot. The toolbar folder will be opened. Is there any shortcut inside that folder? Or try to drop any shortcut on toolbar from desktop.
The TORDEX Team
PaulMcI

05-15-2005, 01:13 PM -
Quote:You don't have any shortcut there
That is because I had deleted them.

Clicked 'Open' in TLB's menu and copied some shortcuts into the directory and they appeared on the toolbar.

I did some further experimenting and then noticed that if I selected 'Show text' on the pop-up menu then the double right arrows appeared on the toolbar and TLB's menu rose up above the toolbar with the shortcuts I had copied earlier appearing there! This is how TLB is working on my other computer.

However, I checked my other computer and I have not got 'Show text' selected on it!

What is going on?
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
05-15-2005, 02:30 PM -
I have no idea what's going on, but as Yuri already mentioned, the double-arrow button is just an expander that is displayed by Windows if not all content fits on the visible part of the bar. Simple, nothing magic, and not controlled by TLB...

Now, if you really want your entire toolbar inside a menu, then just create a TLB menu (right-click on toolbar, New --> Menu), and move your shortcuts and submenu's in it...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
mutant

9 posts 3 threads Joined: Mar 2005
05-15-2005, 03:12 PM -
Hi Paul

I am not sure whether this is relevant but from your screenshot you appear to be using Windows XP in "Classic Style" rather than Windows XP Style (Display settings > Appearance tab).

As "Classic style" emulates Windows 98 I am not sure you will see the double arrows which I think was an XP innovation. Are you using the same setting on your other machine ?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

05-15-2005, 03:19 PM -
TLB control double arrow menu. And this menu must be on every Windows version. There are some cases why this menu don't appear:
1) There is enough space to show all shortcuts (resize toolbar to get this menu)
2) The toolbar min size option is greater then buttons on toolbar (reduce this value and resize toolbar)
3) You are using skin that can block this button (change skin into default or use other TLB skin)

If nothing helps backup toolbar and sent it to me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->). I'll check your settings.
The TORDEX Team
PaulMcI

05-16-2005, 11:33 AM -
I did a bit more checking when I got home from work today and I found what Yuri had previously said is correct in that the double arrow only appears when there is little room and I found this when I had added a lot of extra shortcuts!!

Sorry for my not totally understanding what 'Toolbar's min size' meant in the TLB Settings as I had used the '?' help on this string and have just now found that it only works on the scroll box!

Suggestion:
Could you modify the '?' help so it would be triggered by the prompt string for each option in TLB Settings as this might have saved my confusion and that of others in the future?

Thanks again for all your help.