Evaluate TLB questions
Started by t.s.lim

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
t.s.lim

35 posts 12 threads Joined: May 2005
05-22-2005, 08:47 AM -
1) I want to evaluate TLB with the latest build (be it beta), is the demo version 3.2.6 on the download site the latest?

2) Beside the limitation set by some plugin, what are the limitation to main program (the DEMO)?

3) Is there any known bugs which only appear in a DEMO but not in the licensed copy of TLB?

4) I currently use Stardock's ObjectBar and I have few other Stardock products like DesktopX, IconPackager and Enhanced Dialog installed. Is there any known conflict between TLB and any of the above Stardock applications?
(If there is one, I prefer to uninstall it before trying TLB)

5) What is the formal upgrade policy of this program?
I read from the official site, it says something like "... Not at this time...", give me a sense of upgrade are free now but sometime in the future, user will 've to pay for upgrade.

Btw, I am impressed by the product and the support given by this forum.
t.s.lim
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
05-22-2005, 11:35 AM -
Hi, and welcome to this forum. Big Grin

1) As stated on the TLB homepage, the latest 'stable' version is 3.2, latest 'beta' version is 3.2.6. Download the beta version from here, for me it's perfectly stable, and it will probably give you a good impression.

2) There will be a label "Demo version" on the left side of the toolbar, and occasionally it will show a "reminder" popup that you're using a demo version.

3) No.

I'll leave 4 to someone with Stardock experience and 5 to Yuri...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-22-2005, 11:37 AM -
Quote:1) I want to evaluate TLB with the latest build (be it beta), is the demo version 3.2.6 on the download site the latest?
Yes this is the latest version.

Quote:2) Beside the limitation set by some plugin, what are the limitation to main program (the DEMO)?
There are no any function limitation. In demo mode TLB show 60px picture at left side of toolbar and sometmes nag screen on shortcut run.

Quote:3) Is there any known bugs which only appear in a DEMO but not in the licensed copy of TLB?
I do not know about such bugs.

Quote:4) I currently use Stardock's ObjectBar and I have few other Stardock products like DesktopX, IconPackager and Enhanced Dialog installed. Is there any known conflict between TLB and any of the above Stardock applications?
(If there is one, I prefer to uninstall it before trying TLB)
I do not know about conflicts with Stardock's pruducts. The only thing that can have conflicts is WindowBlinds, but only with some very old or pure designed skins.

Quote:5) What is the formal upgrade policy of this program?
I read from the official site, it says something like "... Not at this time...", give me a sense of upgrade are free now but sometime in the future, user will 've to pay for upgrade.
We don't plan to make paid updates.

Quote:Btw, I am impressed by the product and the support given by this forum.
Thank you Smile and welcome to our forum.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
t.s.lim

05-23-2005, 01:25 AM -
Hi,

I 've downloaded the 3.2.6 beta TLB and will evaluate with this one.

How can I see the windows resource consumed by TLB?

TLB seems to mess up my taskbar whenever I enable "language bar", I will report the detail later...
t.s.lim
t.s.lim

05-23-2005, 08:16 AM -
Hi,

I have tested TLB with my WinXP+Sp2 (English ver), it looks like "Language bar" and "TLB" dislike each other. If only either one present, my Taskbar is OK. No matter how many time I login and out or reboot, the Taskbar still look exactly the same. However, when both of them are present the Taskbar will be a mess after reboot. I have attach 4 pictures to illustrate the situation:

1. Before reboot (tlb02.jpg), show what I have on my Taskbar and that is the appearance of Taskbar that I expect after reboot.

2. After reboot (tbl03.jpg), is what I get after reboot. Language bar jump to leftmost and TLB is gone. (many bands appear on the Taskbar???) A check on the right-click menu shows TLB is unchecked and there are 3 instants of checked Language bar (please see the attachment). I have install both Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional IME in addition to the original English. (My non-unicode language is set to Chinese simplified)

3. The funny thing is when I Uncheck the topmost "Language bar" item on the right-click menu, the menu closes immediately after click. I then reopen the right-click menu and found a single unchecked "Language bar" item (the other 2 have gone) and the TLB item is now checked but TLB does not really show up in the Taskbar.

4. So, I try to bring TLB back from the Right-click menu (tlb04.jpg)
FYI, I use a folder other than the original folder for WinXP's Quick Launchbar to hold my TLB content.

5. And even after I manually bring back the TLB, a check on the right-click menu still show something which doesn't look right, I have 2 instances of checked TLB. (tlb05.jpg)

What should I do to have both TLB and WinXp's Language bar show up nicely?

Btw, how do I check the TLB 's resource consumption?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

t.s.lim
t.s.lim

05-23-2005, 08:18 AM -
It looks like I can't have more than 3 attachments in a single post, so I attach the last one here..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

t.s.lim
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-24-2005, 12:08 PM -
OK, I've reproduced the bug. On my computer this bug appears sometimes too (I restart computer very seldom). In the next version this bug will be fixed. Thank you for bug report.

Quote:How can I see the windows resource consumed by TLB?
Look the resources for explorer.exe TLB is add-on for Windows Explorer.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com