Save icon position / sort-order on Quick Launch Bar - Restore icon position / sort-order buttons on toolbars
Started by consultp

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
consultp

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2001
08-06-2001, 01:17 AM -
Although one can "lock" buttons, this will not prevent a trashing of the Quick Launch Bar in some circumstances. This happens to me sometimes when using utilities to defragment the harddisk. I had hoped the True Launch Bar would help out on this, but it has happened to me again. So, I would like to have an option in Settings that would give me the possibility to save the icon position, width, order of all the buttons on the True Launch bar / Quick Launch Bar a.s.o.
Ustas

220 posts 9 threads Joined: Jun 2001
08-06-2001, 03:34 PM -
What version of TLB do you use?
"Lock buttons" prevents only drag&drop of buttons. About Quick Launch Bar you cannot say anything. But TLB saves layout into tlbdata files (since v1.1.0.5). Can you say what util do you use?
Yuri Kobets
TrueSoft - Software for You
http://www.tsoftcentral.com
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
08-06-2001, 10:16 PM -
I've never had anything like that. Sounds like you have a local machine or HDD problem.

TL always keeps it's order even if you turn it off and back on. Explorer Quick Launch scrambles the order if you turn off the bar which is why I use TL. Run scandisk on your drive.

Also I think the next version of TL will allow you to move the QL folder to some other drive.

Doug
Ustas

220 posts 9 threads Joined: Jun 2001
08-07-2001, 03:07 PM -
Try version 1.1.0.6
I found one bug that can cause lost layout. If in the new version the same problem that Doug Smith was right. You have some problems with your disk Sad
Yuri Kobets
TrueSoft - Software for You
http://www.tsoftcentral.com